Carnival Dream Cruise Review by snb098

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

AMAZING VACATION!!!

Well first off let me start by saying that this was my 3rd cruise and my fiancé 1st.

we started off our trip by getting to Orlando 2 days early so we could take in some of the attractions. We decided on Universal Studios. It was unreal. If you have a few days extra its more then worth it!

The day we boarded the ship we decided on the way to the boat that we would stop at the outlet mall. We had a rental car so we didn't need to take a bus full of people from the hotel. We shopped for about an hour and headed to the boat. With traffic it took us longer then we expected to get to the boat and instead of arriving around noon we arrived around 1:30. I was panicking a little but in the end it all worked out. We got to the port and there was no one in line. Being a somewhat experienced cruiser I know that those lines can be LONG inside the terminal. From the time we walked in the door we had gone through security, received our sign and sail cards, had our picture taken and were on the boat in about 15 min.

We walked on the boat and went straight to our room to see if it was ready and to our surprise it was. We dropped off our carry on bags and headed up to the Lido deck to meet friends and have lunch. When we returned from lunch another surprise... our bags were already waiting for us at our room!!!

The Food:

A lot of reviews on here said the food was no good. I am very disappointed that these people have said this about the food. I never once had a bad experience with any of the food. Yes if you went to the Lido buffet for breakfast right before you were let off the boat to go into port then yes your going to have lines but cmon who doesn't already expect that !!!! The buffet is regular buffet food, its edible and they always have variety. The dining room was amazing. Always different selection every night. The best part... if you like what you just had order another, if you try something new and don't like it, order something else. They don't take offence, they actually prefer you do this. Our waiter told us on the first night that we expected us to try new food and send it back if it wasn't what we wanted. The dessert in the dining room was delicious. The chocolate melting cake was amazing as always. Other great options in the dining room are all the chilled soups they have. They had strawberry, mango, peach, and cherry in our dining room. We also went to the steakhouse on our anniversary and all I can say is WOW it is worth every penny. You get huge portions of meat, the ceasar salad is the best I have ever tasted, and the cheesecake dessert needed to come back to the room with me cause after 18oz of steak I was beyond full!

The Room:

We were in cabin 6410 with a balcony. I prefer a balcony for the extra space and a nice place to go out and watch the stars, or the sunset or whatever your heart desires. The only downside is you can tell the mattresses are almost finished cause they are getting pretty soft and worn out and the king size bed is actually two singles pushed together so if you try and lay together someone falls into the crack....

We did not smell sewage in our room like others have mentioned. We did however smell it in the halls a few nights but again nothing to ruin my trip over. Our balcony was over one of the Lanai deck whirpools and we thought this would be a problem but they close at 9 and we never had an issue. We started lots of conversations with people in the whirlpools.

The shows:

AMAZING! Dancin in the street was sooo good. The Love & Marriage show was sooo great. My boyfriend proposed to me during the show. He has organized it with James ( the amazing cruise director) it was an amazing night.

I think that's all I can write for now!

Hope this helps make your decision to go on this amazing boat!

Publication Date: 02/06/14