Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by ncpiggie

Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

RC Freedom of the Seas

This was our first cruise on Royal Caribbean. We so enjoyed this cruise! We left from Port Canaveral, FL and found this an easy port to use. We had sailed out of this port before and knew how easy it was. We traveled there the night before and stayed at the Raddison at the Port. They have a great deal with parking and shuttle service to the port. The room was clean and nice with a sleep number bed. The shuttle was great and the drivers were safe and courteous. The biggest drawback to the ship was the temperature. It was very warm, especially on formal nights. I am in my 50's and found it very warm. I spoke to many cruisers who also found it warm.

The ship itself was clean and bright. The staff was helpful and courteous. This was the biggest ship I have been on and found it to not be crowded in any one area. They had very useful electronic interactive signs to help you find how to get to places, what was going on at the time, etc. Our service was excellent except for breakfast service in the dinning room. One day I had hot OJ and when I told the server she brought me a cup of ice. They did not seem to care very much in the morning. I was impressed with all the room and chairs at the pool areas. The flow rider was very cool. The rock climbing wall got a lot of use. They even held Zumba classes outside in the basketball court area in the mornings. I even played mini golf. I was impressed with the entertainment. The ice skating show was very good, but make sure you make a reservation for it. We didn't know we had to do that until we were on board and didn't get the show time we wanted but it worked out and was all good. The bands and singers they had throughout the ship were also very good! We saw a magician, Drew Thomas and the Texas Tenors both from America's got Talent. The other shows were from the ships company. They had plenty of water available and self serve so you don't have to wait for a bartender to give you water.

They had hand sanitizers everywhere also but felt they did not really enforce it after the first day. People are pigs and need to be told to wash their hands. The other issue was with people being rude with the elevators. Everyone wanted to rush in before anyone could get off but not the ships fault. We also saw a 3D movie in the theater. There are many activities aboard and you should not be bored.

Publication Date: 02/06/14