Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by ncpiggie: RC Freedom of the Seas

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

RC Freedom of the Seas

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Labadee

This was our first cruise on Royal Caribbean. We so enjoyed this cruise! We left from Port Canaveral, FL and found this an easy port to use. We had sailed out of this port before and knew how easy it was. We traveled there the night before and stayed at the Raddison at the Port. They have a great deal with parking and shuttle service to the port. The room was clean and nice with a sleep number bed. The shuttle was great and the drivers were safe and courteous. The biggest drawback to the ship was the temperature. It was very warm, especially on formal nights. I am in my 50's and found it very warm. I spoke to many cruisers who also found it warm.

The ship itself was clean and bright. The staff was helpful and courteous. This was the biggest ship I have been on and found it to not be crowded in any one area. They had very useful electronic interactive signs to help you find how to get to places, what was going on at the time, etc. Our service was excellent except for breakfast More service in the dinning room. One day I had hot OJ and when I told the server she brought me a cup of ice. They did not seem to care very much in the morning. I was impressed with all the room and chairs at the pool areas. The flow rider was very cool. The rock climbing wall got a lot of use. They even held Zumba classes outside in the basketball court area in the mornings. I even played mini golf. I was impressed with the entertainment. The ice skating show was very good, but make sure you make a reservation for it. We didn't know we had to do that until we were on board and didn't get the show time we wanted but it worked out and was all good. The bands and singers they had throughout the ship were also very good! We saw a magician, Drew Thomas and the Texas Tenors both from America's got Talent. The other shows were from the ships company. They had plenty of water available and self serve so you don't have to wait for a bartender to give you water.

They had hand sanitizers everywhere also but felt they did not really enforce it after the first day. People are pigs and need to be told to wash their hands. The other issue was with people being rude with the elevators. Everyone wanted to rush in before anyone could get off but not the ships fault. We also saw a 3D movie in the theater. There are many activities aboard and you should not be bored. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas 3312

There was plenty of storage room in our cabin. I was surprised how generous the storage was. I use an over the door organizer and may not have needed it. It even had curtains to divide the room if one person wanted to sit in a chair and read or watch TV. No noise heard except the last night the people above us had lead feet!

(5.5)

We had been to Cozumel before but had docked in a different area. The area we docked in was great with a lot of shopping. Tons of jewelry stores there as well. Lots of tourist shops with trinkets. The usual things plus many Mexican made items. They will work with prices as well. If you wanted the Diamonds international and ships recommended stores you had to take a taxi ride for about 5-6 miles. Jimmy Buffets and Hard Rock Cafe was also about 3 miles away. We were there with 4 other sihps and the crowds weren't as bad as I anticipated. We didn't do an excursion here because we did one the last time we were there. The area had police and was safe. Lots of taxis were on hand to take people out of the shopping area by the port. Also a rental car agency was there. I am a very cautious traveler so I don't venture out much on my own. Also it was very clean were the shopping areas were.

Read 3083 Cozumel Reviews

We had been warned about Jamaica being crime ridden but I was pleasantly surprised when we docked. There were plenty of shops there including a craft market. The usual Diamonds international, etc were there as well. It was also policed heavily and they did not allow outsiders of the cruise into the market area. I again felt very safe but did not go outside the port area. They have a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville there as well. We enjoyed a drink there and got great service. They will dicker on prices in the craft market as well.

Read 471 Falmouth Reviews

Stingray Swim

Beautiful island! Our excursion was a bust because the water was rough and the government there made everyone get out of the water. Our excursion advertised the fastest boat to the stingrays and they were right. If they had not went that fast we wouldn't even made it into the water. Only 3 people out of about 20 made it into the water before we had to get out. There was also a police presence in the town as well. I felt very safe there. We had to tender into the port. They were pretty quick and large. Sometimes you had to wait until they filled the boats but it didn't take more than 15 minutes usually. Tender boat operators were polite and seemed very capable. The beaches there are all public and there is no shortage. The resorts also allow people to use their pools. There was a Jimmy Buffets there and Hard Rock Cafe. By the way we did get a full refund from the excursion company and it was there before we got home!

(5.5)

This was the private Island of the cruise ship. It was great! Plenty to do and they fix a great lunch on the island. I liked this island not only for the beach but because they have tons of local artisans they let sell their wares. There is also a tram that runs around the island. The shade canopies and chairs are free. The guy that set it up did it just for a tip. I felt very safe there. The water was clean and clear and a little chilly but felt good once the temp went up for the day. There is plenty of seating to eat and plenty of beach chairs. RC gives you beach towels you need to check out so you don't have to pack your own. There was also a security presence near the trial with the artisans. It is a little bit of a walk from the pier to the beach but they do have wheelchairs to help with that if you need it.

Read 353 Labadee Reviews