Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by critman325: Easy Breezy

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

Easy Breezy

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

The Carnival Breeze was my 9th cruise and 2nd with carnival and may have very well been my most enjoyable cruise ever! I will break down what made this stand out and a what may have held it back if I were being a picky cruise snob.

Embarkation was a Breeze! 10 minutes and I was on the ship. Terminal was not crowded at all and maybe that was because Carnival called and left messages to not arrive until 130pm. But I ignored that and arrived at 12pm was on ship at 1210pm!!!

Ship is really tasteful. Very nice color scheme and decorated with a beach vibe. Not elegant but very tastefully simple in my opinion!

Overall food gets an A. Great to good...Guys Burger Joint, BlueIguana Burritos(breakfast and lunch both great), MDR dinners, Steakhouse and Italian restaurant were excellent and $35/$12 cover each but so worth it. Buffet for breakfast was good but busy. Also busy at lunchtime so I chose the other options. Standouts were the warm chocolate melting cake at MDR More dinners and Guys burgers and fries! Pizza ok. However the RedFrog Pubs $3.33 pub grub was not worth the additional cost imo. I took part in Your Time Dining and loved it! Only 1 night was there a wait and it was lobster night.

Drinks very very good!!!! The Caribbean Colada was unreal!!! Rum Jumper real yummy too!

Entertainment was meh. Not the best but watchable. First comedian okay but the comedians for later in the cruise missed their flight. Hasbro game show...okay...not great. Juggler/comic was enjoyable. Movies at the pool each night were great if you wanted to see that movie showing and you got free popcorn! Some movies shown were Hunger Games, Man of Steel ect....

Ports excellent!!! Grand Turk...beached it up on a beautiful day. La Romana DR not much there but did the excursion of a lifetime thru ProExcursions!!! Highly recommend. Curacao lovely colorful island. Did a local $15 tour with Casper Tours and had a great lesson of the island and their culture. Aruba went to Palm Beach and it was an A+ day!!!

This ship needs another pool somewhere for Adults only! That would be my biggest complaint. Two pools for a ship this size not enough because too many kids in both of them. However waterslides were very fun and hardly any line for them. Sky course(ropes) didn't even bother because I have gone real tree climbing and it just looked lame to me. But if you have a chance to do something new try it.

Had an interior spa room. Very adequate. Got to use the thallasotherepy pool and thermal suite. Never crowded and always relaxing!!! Room was in a great section of ship imo. Used the gym everyday and it was never overcrowded. In fact I rarely felt crowded on this ship(except pools) and that seems to be a major complaint of so many. People need to realize there are 4000 guest on the ship not 400 so sometimes things get a little crowded but just relax and deal with it.

Okay sorry about this but cruise director Pete was very good but had a really weird accent for being from NYC. He sounded almost foreign. Just a quirky thing to me since you hear him so often.

So overall...getting out of the frigid northeast US to the warm tropics in January will make everything automatically better but I really did enjoy this cruise tremendously and would do it again and recommend it. My previous experience on the Carnival Dream in 2011 was average so I am glad I gave Carnival a second chance and will probably give cruise them again when they unveil another new ship!!!

And disembarking was a Breeze also....... Less