Royal Princess Cruise Review by ajrca: Christmas Cruise 2013

2 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Christmas Cruise 2013

Sail Date: December 2013

I have to say for my sixth cruise with Princess , I was a little disappointed with the Royal Princess. The new design was poorly thought out. The rooms are smaller, especially the bathrooms.

The ship is nice; however, there are things that make you go hmmm.

Water spray pad on Lido, have it run during the day on low and let the kids (adults) play in the water. Water running off the spray pad was not thought out very well either. (understand that the Regal has tried to fix this issue)

It was a bad idea to drop the number of pools to two from the old standard of four (or five) depending on the ship.

Lack of stairs in the middle of the ship. Not sure who thought that up but it was not a good idea (however, I have heard that the regal has these stairs back as well)

Found it hard to find different things like the gym. Even after I found it, it did not seem very easy to get to.

Liked the Piazza; however, I think they took away from other More areas of the ship to gain the square footage. For instance, the rooms are smaller and so are the balconies.

Food was very good, never had an issue with the dinning rooms, service was good; however, it appeared that they have a few less staff then other ships which meant that tables were not cleaned as quickly.

Entertainment was OK, I think Princess should look at getting some Broadway adaptations as well for their ships. After a while, all the princess shows start to be the same. Four singers and a bunch of dancers.

I would sail the Royal again, however, I would likely prefer the older ships and choose them first before the Royal or the Regal when it comes out.

Liked Princess Live; however, it would have been better if they used the Princess Theater due to capacity issues The new setup of the Princess theater compared to the old ships was poor. The digital screens are a nice touch but only if you are facing them straight on; however, I would prefer if they used actual sets more. Less

Published 02/03/14

Helpful? Thank ajrca

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: L102

Cabin was nice but a little smaller then I was expecting. Deck on this room was huge since we were on the front of the ship compared to the rooms on the side which were very small, on demand TV was touchy and it had to be rebooted several times. We were warned that they would lock the balcony when at sea; however, that was not the case which was very nice.

ajrca