Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by SusieMoon: Outstanding Cruise

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Outstanding Cruise

Sail Date: January 2014

We just returned home last night, and I'm ready to repack and go again. I can't think of anything that I would improve. We had sailed on the Allure last year, but while the Oasis is practically a twin, she surpassed the Allure by a little. More on that later.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites before embarking, and it highly recommend this hotel. We got a free full breakfast every morning, and they offered a happy hour every evening. The rooms were well kept, and the maid service was excellent. The maid realized that I drank decaf and made sure I was well supplied for the coffee maker in our room. A shuttle to the port is available for $8.00 per person, and we had a very short wait to get on it. My only complaint was the darkness of our room. We got very little sunlight.

The ship is amazing, but we knew what to expect from the Allure. There are a few differences in snack areas, but otherwise, they are very much the same. The one major difference that we noticed was the More food in the main dining room (MDR). The food on the Oasis is much better. On the Allure, the food was okay, but not always cooked that well. My husband had to send back a steak, and I had to send back fish because it tasted old. We did not have that problem on the Oasis. Somehow, they managed to elevate the meals to fine dining. I don't know how they did it while feeding several thousand passengers, but everything was cooked to perfection. If I ordered my meat medium rare, it came to me medium rare. Not an easy thing to do. I've been afraid to step on a scale because I'm sure I gained weight.

Our stateroom was kept neat and clean by Gusti, our steward. As hard as he worked, he always had a big smile and called us by name. If he had a bad day, we never knew. The same for Trevor, our waiter, and Jeanna, his assistant. Trevor even gave us a good bye hug on our last evening.

Other reviewers have commented on the shows, and I enjoyed every one of them. The performers were enthusiastic and worked hard to give us a good show. We were fortunate in our headliner. He was a fantastic singer and impressionist, and we enjoyed him very much. We also went to the Love and Marriage Game, Belly Flop Contest, Trivia, etc. there is so much to do and see that one week doesn't cover it all.

The one thing we did that was a little unusual was to take the All Access Tour. The three hour ship tour took us to the galley, the laundry, the crew area, the engine room and the bridge. The inner workings of the ship was fascinating, and the crew area was like a small city with their own dining area, barber shop and night club. The tour is expensive, but we thought it was more than worth it.

We already have an open booking for our next cruise, and I'm sure we'll cruise on an Oasis class ship again. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 7132

Nice, well kept room. It's small but efficient with enough closet space and shelves for toiletries. I brought along a shoe bag so I could keep extra items in its pockets.