Carnival Dream Cruise Review by WI5FAM

Carnival Dream
Member Name: WI5FAM
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Had a nice time on the Dream

Loved the ship. Did not find it to be overcrowded at all! The lines in the Buffet restaurant were longer than I have had on other ships but the food was also fresher and better prepared. Sit down dinner took and hour start to finish and was very enjoyable. We had a great wait team!

I liked the amount of structured activities on the Dream as compared to the smaller fun ships. I felt like there was always something to do or see. Great comedians & musicians aboard made it extra fun.

The aft hot tubs were crawling with unattended children (which was irritating to me) who were using them as swimming pools to jump and dive into. There were plenty of other hot tubs to use that were more relaxing. The waterworks was great! My kids loved it. I liked that there was plenty of seating for parents to keep a close eye on kids while playing on the little slides.

We watched a few of the shows while on board. My children did not care for them and wanted to leave after about 30 min. I have to say, I don't disagree. The singing and dancing was great but the shows lacked a plot which made it less exciting to watch if you didn't know the songs they were singing.

Loved the location of our cabin. We are about halfway between the mid and aft elevators. This made navigating the ship in a timely manner very easy. I also like that it was only 2 decks up to Lido and 3 down to Promenade. We barely used the elevators. We also only had neighbors on one side of us, due to the Crew Storeroom on the other side. Nice and quiet!
The cleanliness of our room could have been better. There was quite a bit of dust/hair buildup around the baseboards. It really grossed me out. Even after I asked the room steward to vacuum there was a sunflower seed on the carpet. We, however, did not have any sunflower seeds. I am wondering how many cruises it has been there for. There was also quite a bit of mildew outside the shower/behind the toilet. I think a little elbow grease would have taken care of it. I have also been on several cruises where the steward tidys up your desk area and vanity. Not this time! Those areas were not touched. I am glad I brought a tub of lysol wipes so that I could wipe down the surfaces for myself. There was a blob of toothpaste in my sink that was there for 3 days! I think the guy was new, so I'll give him a break. The cleanliness of my cabin was not what I have experienced on other Carnival ships.

Publication Date: 02/05/14