“Great cruise on an OK ship. Cruise Director alert.”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

lrheeter@yahoo.com Carnival Liberty 3 Great cruise on an OK ship. Cruise Director alert.
lrheeter@yahoo.com
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

First off I should say that all cruises are great, including this one. It was our ( my wife and my) 32nd cruise.

That includes 6 different cruise lines. I feel that Carnival is putting more passenger space and less public space(pools hot tubs,etc.) on each new ship. The Liberty was much like the Triumph, we were on two months ago, but not nearly as much FUN. The VIFP treatment fell WAY short, (long boarding time ,many long lines ,and no special treatment.Although, I must say, that we were pleasantly surprised and very pleased with our room upgrade,two days prior to sailing,and that was greatly appreciated.

My only real complaint about the Liberty would be the cruise director . As much as He thought he was pretty good ,he was possibly the worst we have ever experienced. I saw him on TV way more often than on the Lido deck. Not much dancing or organized parties. No Live band on Lido, that I saw. Several other passengers that we spoke to felt the same.BUT, some passengers did really like him?!?.

We go on Carnival to have fun(party time). There are different cruise line that are more subdued ,if that's what you want. Guess why we go on the Funships? We love Carnival but probably won't sail The Liberty again. Actually I probably would with a few changes and a great deal on the price. Just being Honest. Love, Two Cruisers from Dallas.

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

My wife absolutely love our room. I loved it too but I could sleep in a broom closet if it were on a cruise ship.

Port

Maybe it's just me but Miami in general is always a disappointment to me. Airport,Cruise Terminal, Restaurants, taxi service,all seem to somehow let me down. If it weren,t the cruise capital of the world I would probably never go there. You have to go to Texas if you like really nice people. There, I said it!

Read 1,120 Miami Reviews
Published 02/05/14
Thank lrheeter@yahoo.com
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?