Carnival Liberty 3

“Great cruise on an OK ship. Cruise Director alert.”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

lrheeter@yahoo.com
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

First off I should say that all cruises are great, including this one. It was our ( my wife and my) 32nd cruise.

That includes 6 different cruise lines. I feel that Carnival is putting more passenger space and less public space(pools hot tubs,etc.) on each new ship. The Liberty was much like the Triumph, we were on two months ago, but not nearly as much FUN. The VIFP treatment fell WAY short, (long boarding time ,many long lines ,and no special treatment.Although, I must say, that we were pleasantly surprised and very pleased with our room upgrade,two days prior to sailing,and that was greatly appreciated.

My only real complaint about the Liberty would be the cruise director . As much as He thought he was pretty good ,he was possibly the worst we have ever experienced. I saw him on TV way more often than on the Lido deck. Not much dancing or organized parties. No Live band on Lido, that I saw. Several other passengers that we spoke to felt the same.BUT, some More passengers did really like him?!?.

We go on Carnival to have fun(party time). There are different cruise line that are more subdued ,if that's what you want. Guess why we go on the Funships? We love Carnival but probably won't sail The Liberty again. Actually I probably would with a few changes and a great deal on the price. Just being Honest. Love, Two Cruisers from Dallas. Less

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

My wife absolutely love our room. I loved it too but I could sleep in a broom closet if it were on a cruise ship.

Port

Maybe it's just me but Miami in general is always a disappointment to me. Airport,Cruise Terminal, Restaurants, taxi service,all seem to somehow let me down. If it weren,t the cruise capital of the world I would probably never go there. You have to go to Texas if you like really nice people. There, I said it!

Read 1065 Miami Reviews

Published 02/05/14

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?