Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by elled70

Member Name: elled70
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Houston
Cabin Number: A215
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

virgin cruise

Terminal: wasy drive to terminal in Pasadena Texas.  The line was long at 4:00 pm but moved quickly.

The ship: tastefully decorated not tacky. Showing a little wear but you really really have to look for it.

Food: the food was better than I expected. I personally found the seafood better than the other main course options. After all. I am sure the items are frozen items( for the length of this cruise and the amount of people being served.) After the first day I always went with the waiter recomendations and was satisfied with everything. (Be adventurous, if you don't like it send back and order something different) someone told me the food in dinning room was same as specialty restaurants no this is not true for this ship. One of the best meals I had was in the crown grill.

We were anytime dinning and a large group most nights 16 . I think that getting seated would have been easier had we chose either first or second seating. Keep in mind if you want to stay in port till you have to board and you like to freshen up before dinner second seating is best option for you.

Service: everyone we encountered were both friendly and polite. (Unlike the fellow passenger that ridiculed my husband's dialect one morning.) We are in our 40's most passengers looked like they were older than us. The music being played in the pizza area and piano bar area seemed perfect for our age group. We were also pleased with the entertainment in the princess theater.

There was a cold front during our cruise and myself and several other passengers became sick the day before we returned. (4-7.5) waves. We were in cabin A215 balcony.this was toward front on starboard side. Not sure if my location on board caused me to be sick because I did go to breakfast and walk around the ship before I became sick. My husband went to the horizon court buffet and the man in charge gave him a tray of green apples plain potato chips and crackers for lunch along with ginger ale from calypso bar. It passed in a few hours and was able to attend dinner and eat with no problems.

Arrival in Port went fine everything smoothly and quickly.

Publication Date: 02/05/14