Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by elled70: virgin cruise

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

virgin cruise

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Houston

Terminal: wasy drive to terminal in Pasadena Texas.  The line was long at 4:00 pm but moved quickly.

The ship: tastefully decorated not tacky. Showing a little wear but you really really have to look for it.

Food: the food was better than I expected. I personally found the seafood better than the other main course options. After all. I am sure the items are frozen items( for the length of this cruise and the amount of people being served.) After the first day I always went with the waiter recomendations and was satisfied with everything. (Be adventurous, if you don't like it send back and order something different) someone told me the food in dinning room was same as specialty restaurants no this is not true for this ship. One of the best meals I had was in the crown grill.

We were anytime dinning and a large group most nights 16 . I think that getting seated would have been easier had we chose either first or second seating. Keep in mind if you want to More stay in port till you have to board and you like to freshen up before dinner second seating is best option for you.

Service: everyone we encountered were both friendly and polite. (Unlike the fellow passenger that ridiculed my husband's dialect one morning.) We are in our 40's most passengers looked like they were older than us. The music being played in the pizza area and piano bar area seemed perfect for our age group. We were also pleased with the entertainment in the princess theater.

There was a cold front during our cruise and myself and several other passengers became sick the day before we returned. (4-7.5) waves. We were in cabin A215 balcony.this was toward front on starboard side. Not sure if my location on board caused me to be sick because I did go to breakfast and walk around the ship before I became sick. My husband went to the horizon court buffet and the man in charge gave him a tray of green apples plain potato chips and crackers for lunch along with ginger ale from calypso bar. It passed in a few hours and was able to attend dinner and eat with no problems.

Arrival in Port went fine everything smoothly and quickly. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess A215

Accomadations: The room and bathroom were larger than expected. (I sometime have trouble picturing dimensions in my head) there were plenty of hangers had I not over packed. Shelving cynical. Night stand with drawers. Shelves in the bathroom. Hooks on bathroom door. Suction cup soap holder and hooks would be good to bring for in the shower space.

Altun Ha

Belieze: we used tubing r us. Dave and Dale great. Went to see Mayan ruins Altun Ha with informative tour and went cave tubing. Ate traditional Sunday Belize meal on the road on the way back to port. Shopping a little before and after.The guides were entertaining and would definitely do again. Very informative about politics in his country the everyday life relationship between retired US citizens and natives.

Cozumel: beautiful blue water you can see beautiful fish as you are walking in. negotiate price always. We never played asking price in stores. Ate at Ponchos it was excellent. Took a taxis for $15 USD to more reasonable shopping. This was the port we were harassed the most to buy stuff.

Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Island Tour

Rhotan: ten of us booked a tour when we arrived. I believe the driver name was Angel and the guide was Alyssa. One price all day. We drove around island went zip lining at canopy zipline . (Probably OSHA nightmare) but our group had a lot of fun and would do again. Ate a great lunch of lobsters calamari and conch went parasailing. Sat on beach went shopping visited a barbershop and nature preserve. Back in Port with 45 min. To spare. Sorry forgot name of company. (Advise from our tour guide when at beach getting deep massages leave all valuables with your spouse including wallet. )Alyssa was very informative about island life and history.