Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Herb01

Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: Herb01
Cruise Date: January 2014
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Objective point of view

We sailed with another couple, we are in our mid 50's. Both couples have several cruises under out belts. Both sailed concierge class with rooms on the 11th floor. Embarkation was great, bypassed the long lines. Cabin steward service was not good the first few days, bed was made and bathroom was clean, but the room was not tidied up and used glasses and apple cores were not removed. It got much better toward the end of the cruise. There is a shortage of qualified staff at the bars and on pool deck. LONG waits for service or a drink. Never did get better. We went to the bar outside the specialty restaurants for a drink before dinner. there was one group of 4 and my wife and I in the bar. There was one bartender and one waitress. I looked at my watch when we sat down. We waited 10m minutes and the waitress never looked at us or acknowleged we were there. We got up and left. With the exception of the martini and quasar bars the bar service was terrible. We had the premium drink package and it worked very well for all of us.

We ate in the main dining room every night and were very impressed by the food and the staff. Roy and Sorin were exceptional, they never let a glass go empty and were always there with a smile to assist in any way. the wine steward whose name I can't remember was of the same caliber of service. We never had to ask for anything. Entertainment was very good, but not excellent. Now to the subject that the cruise line has no control over, guests. We witnessed on two occasions elderly people fighting over seats both in the main theater and the comedy club. I have never witnessed such rudeness and territorialism, among a group who should know better. We got up and walked out at one show because of it. There were younger people on board and their manners and behaviors put the old peoples to shame. People on scooters honking their horns to move people out of their way. I told my wife if I ever behave that way I should not be allowed in public.

Over all we still like Celebrity, but would try to choose a cruise without the rude and nasty, anyone who behaves like that should be ashamed.

Publication Date: 02/05/14