“Not Impressed ”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Firstly, I found the food to be very mediocre and the quality so so. There was plenty of it but it seemed to be the same thing almost day after day. Secondly, we found the hallways at night very noisy. I can appreciate that it takes a certain amount of activity to run a ship like that but that doesn't excuse the constant noise from needless talking and yelling by the stewards in the middle of the night. When we asked them to please tone it down they would just look at us and continue doing exactly what they were doing before. Thirdly, I was appalled at the cost of drinks at the bar. A can of Foster's Lager at the bar was $8.65 per can. This same can can be bought at Walmart here in Florida for $1.77. That's a disgusting mark up especially when you consider that we were in international waters most of the time where tax should not have applied. We went on this cruise with another couple whom have done several cruises with Carnival and felt that there had been a lot of cut backs with this cruise and they were not impressed either. I had the feeling most of the time that I was just another steer being led to the slaughter house as it seemed that every time I turned around I was being led towards a situation where someone was trying to get into my pockets.

On a more positive note I must say that most of the staff that we dealt with were very friendly, courteous and helpful. I don't think that I will ever want to go on a cruise again for the above reasons and if I do It certainly won't be with Carnival.

Carnival Sunshine Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Balcony8249
Room was very comfortable and adequate but noisy.
Published 02/05/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Sunshine Review
Carnival Sunshine Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?