Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by rovin47

Member Name: rovin47
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: Balcony
See More About: Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Carnival Sunshine Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans
Not Impressed

Firstly, I found the food to be very mediocre and the quality so so. There was plenty of it but it seemed to be the same thing almost day after day. Secondly, we found the hallways at night very noisy. I can appreciate that it takes a certain amount of activity to run a ship like that but that doesn't excuse the constant noise from needless talking and yelling by the stewards in the middle of the night. When we asked them to please tone it down they would just look at us and continue doing exactly what they were doing before. Thirdly, I was appalled at the cost of drinks at the bar. A can of Foster's Lager at the bar was $8.65 per can. This same can can be bought at Walmart here in Florida for $1.77. That's a disgusting mark up especially when you consider that we were in international waters most of the time where tax should not have applied. We went on this cruise with another couple whom have done several cruises with Carnival and felt that there had been a lot of cut backs with this cruise and they were not impressed either. I had the feeling most of the time that I was just another steer being led to the slaughter house as it seemed that every time I turned around I was being led towards a situation where someone was trying to get into my pockets.

On a more positive note I must say that most of the staff that we dealt with were very friendly, courteous and helpful. I don't think that I will ever want to go on a cruise again for the above reasons and if I do It certainly won't be with Carnival.

Publication Date: 02/05/14
More Carnival Sunshine Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Carnival Sunshine review Read the next Carnival Sunshine review

Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review