Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by kycruiser turns50: Wonderful experience on the Epic!

kycruiser turns50
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful experience on the Epic!

Sail Date: January 2014

Norwegian is my new favorite cruise line!! The ship was beautiful! In spite of its size, it was easy to navigate. By the end of the week it felt like home.

I had read many negative reviews. I just don't understand why people complained so much. This ship had the friendliest staff who continually provided excellent customer service.The cabin was the size you expect on a cruise ship and had a lot of storage space. We had no trouble with the bathroom set up.

We never ate in the specialty restaurants. Most nights we had dinner in the Manhattan dining room. The menu was varied and the staff were excellent. Yes, it took a while but that left time to enjoy meeting new people and having a dining "experience", The food was excellent and I enjoyed every meal I had.

I would like to commend the staff for the vigilance they showed in getting guests to sanitize their hands before meals.

The activities were varied and there truly is something for everyone. The More entertainment was the best I have ever seen on a cruise ship! I highly recommend the Cirque Dreams. Pay the extra ten dollars for the premium seating. You won;t regret it. If you don't you may find that you can't see all the show.

.The itinerary is perfect if you want to relax. The first three days at sea allowed me to wind down, decompress, and get the much needed relaxation I needed. By the time we hit the fist port I was re-energized and ready to explore.

I also want to give kudos to the Regency Hotel in Miami. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The shuttle service made life much simpler and allowed us to do the shopping we needed and get to the pier without any hassle.

I highly recommend this cruise and am looking forward to booking my next cruise with Norwegian. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 10067

The cabin was in a great location, close to the stairs and elevators. Deck 10 is located about midway from all the activities. Yes, the room was a little cramped, but no more than any other cruise line. I liked the bathroom set up and am not sure what all the fuss is about. I do want to say that the bed and bedding was wonderful.