Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by wheels1000

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by wheels1000
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: wheels1000
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

This is IT !!

I met my wife many years ago on two cruises (!) and since 2010 we have now been on 7 mostly RCL .

This is going to be an extremely positive report so stay with me. First of all wee have to accept that not all people see things the same way on even travel at the same time /staff.

However...................

If you take the classic RCL features on their ships (centrum layout etc) and so on I guess you look at the food and staff and the particular layout of a given ship . We have been on Splendour of the seas and Voyager 3 times. I won't go on Voyager again because the others are proving so good.

Radiance has a great RCL layout with the notable areas being the Centrum with lots of areas off this (rather small) area. Talking about small.....if you have a 90000 tonne ship ....it's a way to keep it personal by have smaller areas. The Centrum has a coffee shop/internet (x2), dance floor, lifts, customer service and areas off this including deck 6 which is just above the theatre but also has a piano bar and the Colony Club at the stern.

Timber and glass abound. We were in 9571 (deck nine) close to the centrum.

And there's the entertainment which was the best so far. Quality show or broadway style acts. And a Cinema although we didn't go. Nor the tavern or speciality restaurants.

I was impressed that our lifeboat supervisor told some to be quiet. Like it. (are these people rude or just stupid)

And then there's the wonderfully friendly Amy ....Cruise entertainment Director. Wonderful. Approachable.

When i had to leave urgently...... she hugged me.

And then there's the senior staff. Introduced in the stern Colony Club ...they came across as proud and professional. I couldn't help noticing the pride as the Captain turned to them and watched their speech. I hope they forget about him in RCL and let him run this ship and cruise the seven seas!!

The general crew are a mix of Asian, Phillipino and Indian and in many cases treated you with personal recognition and consideration. Cabin steward Percy, Robert and Austin (mispelt),Donal, Rexel in restaurant and the senior restaurant door staff are remembered.

So, there you have it. It could be downhill for me from here . I'm apprehensive about other ships. How could they live up to this at this price. Maybe. Very maybe.

You see ....it's not just the ship that counts. Not just the staff and that definitely counts but it is the confidence and friendliness that courses down from the Captain. Captain Peterson. And Amy.

I want to live at sea.