Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by mlmbeauty

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: mlmbeauty
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

The Breeze was nothing to brag about

We would like you to be aware of the good, the bad and the ugly on our recent Carnival Breeze Cruise. Please note, We arranged air, insurance and transfers through Carnival.

On January 4th, our Delta flight 5371 at 7:10am departure had a major mechanical problem, the door from the gate on the plane wouldn't properly close. We were delayed 4 hours, and missed 2 connections from Atlanta to Miami.

I immediately called Carnival's emergency hot line and no one would answer. Then I was on hold endlessly. My husband and our traveling companions (Clarks) were all upset and I had no answers.

Every time, every step of our misadventures, I called to let them know our trouble and game them my cell phone number. They in turn were calling my home phone number.

Finally, in Atlanta, we met Bob and Robin Svendish, fellow travelers. They are VIP diamond Carnival passengers and we were both trying our best to work on our dilemma. We were told two different things.

When we finally got to Miami, I was told the ship has left. Bob was told that the ship was waiting for us and Phil (Carnival rep) was waiting in baggage. We raced to him. He had us sign a form stating that he could claim our luggage to get it to us, but we had to leave with him right at that moment. We boarded a shuttle and were rushed to the ship, starved, tired and stressed. And with no luggage.

We boarded the ship and went through the welcome ceremony. We went to dinner soon after (6pm). We returned to our cabin at 730pm and there was no luggage. Passenger services contacted Delta, and our luggage was deemed abandoned. We had waited hours at passenger services to get paperwork done to claim it.

Four days later, in the Dominican republic, we got our bags. For the previous 4 days, we were only offered a 20% discount in the gift shop, which sold no undergarments. We were however offered complimentary laundry services.

Guest services Fria and Ponwipa were so kind and tried to keep us informed and updated on or luggage status.

Anna Maria Dumitria (guest services manager) agreed to meet us and was sympathetic to our problems.

Our cabin steward was great. His name was Andyana. He was so helpful and realized our luggage problems.

The Blush dining room head waiter team Rommel and Astawan and John made a very efficient team. Always there to please.

Assistant maître'd Tunc checked with us every day to see if our food was hot enough and satisfactory. This was after on our second evening, he had cold food and my husband made him aware of the situation.

Entertainment was missing quite a bit. There was no band, and the comedy club venue is way too small. There were not enough pools or staff members at the pool areas. There was glassware in the hot tubs and pool which went ignored by staff members. There were no adult only areas out side on the deck.

The staff in the marketplace were unhappy, unfriendly, had a lack of energy, and seemed to hate their jobs.

The many kids on the ship were running at all times of the day and night. Of course this is not a Carnival issue, as it is a parenting issue. But some people use vacation as an excuse to not keep an eye on their children.

The late eating option was not good for a diabetic or heart patient.

I would not recommend this ship for anyone without kids or for traveling older adults. The waterpark area would be great for families with children.

I do wish Carnival would have made an offer of good-will with our poor start to this vacation.

Publication Date: 02/05/14