Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Scozzie12: Oz Review- What to really expect

Scozzie12
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Oz Review- What to really expect

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Going on the Rhapsody? Just finished my cruise - ups and downs and thats not the waves! I will start with embarkation - great 10/10 smooth embarkation at Sydney well structured. Room well thought out, well structured, clean, neat & tidy. Drawback - if you have small people aka kids, the toilet roll holder is out of reach, beware :) Windjammer Cafe - Staff were great, food selection was varied and ample, average selection in certain areas - lack of vegetables and berries made up by awesome curries! Staff at the Windjammer Cafe were attentive in most areas - need to clear tables quicker but in all a good option if you want casual dining, thanks to all staff great effort.

Dining Room - Night one, not a happy bunny, in fact the Maitre D needs to get a reprimand or new job - had booked a table months and months in advance. On arrival was escorted to a table for over 8. Being me, ah thats just not happening, so was taken by the waiter to the Maitre D. Well in a very impolite More and snooty manner we were advised that if we weren't happy with the table we should eat in the windjammer oh or here's a card, go to your room and if we get a table for 4 we will let you know. Disgraceful behaviour. I worked hard to have this holiday and to eat at a table with service, the nerve!!! So on arguing with the so called Maitre D his boss came over, well, let's say he needs to improve his people skills, on advising the table had been booked for months etc, he eventually led us to a table for 4, wait for it, after he told us that it was our fault another 2 passengers had to be moved as we wouldn't back down on our table reservation. We were made to feel responsible for asking for what we booked and paid for! So in essence we should feel bad - Guess what WE DIDN'T!!!! Throughout the cruise, were ignored by dining room head wait staff, our table was tabooooooooooo - not bothered :) Our dining room waiters allocated to us were Leo and Stevan, Leo was exceptional and made up for the disgraceful attitude of his so called supervisors 10/10, he should get promoted, he went above and beyond with a smile every night and his attention to detail.

Entertainment - some good some bad nights, one great night was the magician 10/10 - had us all in fits of giggles. Other entertainers had us entertained however not all can rate a 10/10.

Drinks Packages - If you have a package one drawback, if you want more than one drink, i.e. a bottle of water and a drink i.e. beer or cocktail, you can't get both. I found that annoying as I drink a lot of water and had to go to various bars throughout the ship to get enough water for the day. I would prefer to order say 4 bottles of water and save myself running around the ship. To drink safely I would like to see a bottle of water being offered with a drink.

Teen Club - If you have a little one under 10 you have a great club - if your child is between 10-15 years, sorry they have nothing - over 15's have dibs on the teen club with a pay for arcade. My kid of course was 12 - not able to go to the gym or spa as too young, couldn't get to solarium, not able to get to Teen Club as nothing there for that age group and the big kids were there. (Don't mean us oldies). Rock climbing wall was always busy so if your kid falls in 10-15's then expect them to be with you at all times.

Disembarkation - Process was good, if you are a Rooster. Was well planned and easy to get off, catch is you have to get off at 8.30am at the latest, so get out of your bed at 6am if you want fed and watered before you wait for hours for your connecting flights. Which of course you booked in the avo in order to ensure if the boat was late, you could make your flight.

Officers - Lots of white suits around, can't complain, in fact they were awesome. The Captain's daily noon announcements became a family favourite as he has a dry sense of humour which he worked very well.

All in all I enjoyed the cruise, it is what you make of it and with every holiday you get good and bad. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>