Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by hoadred

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by hoadred
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: hoadred
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Very disappointing for Celebrity

This was my fifth Celebrity cruise and my least favourite. A good portion of the staff - especially those working outdoors by the pools and in the bars - had a very poor attitude. You often had to wait five to ten minutes before a bartender would even acknowledge you and it wasn't because they were understaffed, they were disorganized and often moving at what seemed like a galacial pace. It seemed that to get the experience we're used to throughout most other Celebrity ships, you had to pay a premium - like at the Martini Bar or the specialty restaurants. One night, our head waiter in the Main Dining Room was so miserable and nasty to us that we had to leave half-way through dinner.

Standard balcony room on a Millenium Class ship - which these days means mildew and poor tile grouting in the bathroom and a rusty, filthy balcony. A decent room if you overlook these elements.

The pools areas also seemed more crowded than I've ever seen - I'm not sure why - usually you can find a lounger in the Solarium on a sea day but not this time. There were no seats to be found anywhere in the main areas of Deck 10 or 11.

A disturbing trend I've noticed on every Millenium Class ship I've been on (this was my third) was that the shower had disgusting mildew and broken grouting on the tiles - and the balcony was often dirty.

That said, we had amazing experiences in both specialty restaurants Tuscan Grille and Oceanliners and the Martini Bar, where it seems their best - and only decent - crew were working.

Publication Date: 02/05/14