Silver Cloud Cruise Review by bcuban

Member Name: bcuban
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Buenos Aires
Destination: Blank
See More About: Silver Cloud Cruise Reviews | Blank Cruise Reviews | Silversea Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Silver Cloud Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Silver Cloud Deck Plans
Argentina Cruise

This cruise started at Buenos Aires went down towards the cape and back up the the other side finishing at Valapriasio Chile. First off, be sure you understand the weather for this cruise. It changes drastically. Very little of it is warm weather. Remember that you are heading down towards the South Pole. Pack accordingly. At 52 years old while there were a couple families , who were younger, I was a veritable teenager on this ship which was fine, I was traveling with my father. An very important handicapped access note, as this is an older ship, there is no elevator access to the top deck where the walking track and gym are located. You have to use the stairs from the 8th deck. If you have physical limitations, you should be aware of this.

The food in the restaurants was ok. I've cruised before so I understood that there is a certain drop off from what you get in a regular restaurant. they are cooking for many. That's just the way it is on any cruise no matter how upscale. Don't expect the same 5 star food that you would expect on dry land.

The gym was much better than I thought it would be on a small ship geared towards more retirees. It was modern and I will able to achieve the workouts I wanted to. Franky I ended up working out twice a day as there was so little to do on the ship for entertainment. There is a casino open when out to sea and there are various events, that probably would not appeal to many people my age. The upside is I was forced to relax.

They had a fun group of young singers for entertainment. I went to one show in which they performed songs by the group ABBA. I thought they were very good.

Final word, this is pretty much a nature focused cruise with small ports and lots of penguins and such. If y you are not into nature and specific South American History this may not be the cruise for you. There is a stop in the Falkland Islands which I really enjoyed as enjoy military history and was fascinated by the Falkland war lecture on the ship and the sites on the Island. It was cold and windy!

The best things about this cruise was the personal service. It was outstanding and friendly.

Publication Date: 02/03/14