Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Tombobted: First cruise on Mariner of the Seas.

Tombobted
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Asia Cruises

First cruise on Mariner of the Seas.

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

My family and I have just returned after a 4 night cruise on Mariner of the Seas. This was our first cruise and unfortunately it was left me rather disappointed.

We were a family of 4 staying in a balcony cabin on level 9. Our room was clean and well appointed however there was no "towel animals" that we had read so much about.

The dining room was very disappointing. We had travelled from Australia with dinner suits for my husband and son as well as formal attire for myself and my daughter. As I sat in my formal wear I watched countless people enter the room wearing tshirts. When we asked our waitress about this her response was "it's only a suggestion as to what people are to wear". The food itself was not overly enjoyable and most nights we ended up in a Windjammer Cafe to satisfy the hunger of my son. The windjammer cafe was disappointing. On several days we skipped lunch as we weren't interested in dealing with the crush and chaos that the cafe was. The food was More very similar everyday. There is only so many times you can eat the same salad!

We also found staff rude in the cafe and it's bar. We had purchased the Ultimate drinks package and a coke one for our children and were turned away on several occasions when asking for coffee or coke in that bar.

There seemed to be many areas that staff seemed to overlook. The "adults only pool" was a joke. Screaming, nappy wearing children in the spa is not an adults only area.

On the plus side we couldn't fault the Pool Bar and Boleros staff and enjoyed the Black Sea Band. The rock wall, inline skating staff were exceptional when dealing with our children.

I am hoping that this will not jade my view of cruising for the future however as it currently stands I don't wish to cruise again after this experience Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas 9322

Our room was well appointed however we did not receive any folded towel animals at any stage.Lots of noise from cabins on either side