Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Tombobted

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Tombobted
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: Tombobted
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

First cruise on Mariner of the Seas.

My family and I have just returned after a 4 night cruise on Mariner of the Seas. This was our first cruise and unfortunately it was left me rather disappointed.

We were a family of 4 staying in a balcony cabin on level 9. Our room was clean and well appointed however there was no "towel animals" that we had read so much about.

The dining room was very disappointing. We had travelled from Australia with dinner suits for my husband and son as well as formal attire for myself and my daughter. As I sat in my formal wear I watched countless people enter the room wearing tshirts. When we asked our waitress about this her response was "it's only a suggestion as to what people are to wear". The food itself was not overly enjoyable and most nights we ended up in a Windjammer Cafe to satisfy the hunger of my son. The windjammer cafe was disappointing. On several days we skipped lunch as we weren't interested in dealing with the crush and chaos that the cafe was. The food was very similar everyday. There is only so many times you can eat the same salad!

We also found staff rude in the cafe and it's bar. We had purchased the Ultimate drinks package and a coke one for our children and were turned away on several occasions when asking for coffee or coke in that bar.

There seemed to be many areas that staff seemed to overlook. The "adults only pool" was a joke. Screaming, nappy wearing children in the spa is not an adults only area.

On the plus side we couldn't fault the Pool Bar and Boleros staff and enjoyed the Black Sea Band. The rock wall, inline skating staff were exceptional when dealing with our children.

I am hoping that this will not jade my view of cruising for the future however as it currently stands I don't wish to cruise again after this experience

Publication Date: 02/04/14