Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by wombatwood: Family cruise

Family cruise

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

20 of us, our entire family, did the 3 night sampler cruise on Solstice and had an absolute ball!!!!!!!

Some of us had cruised before, most of us not. This ship is very impressive, very big and plenty to do u till the wee small hrs of the morning. Boarding was no problem and straight into the buffet for lunch, we all had drink packages which for us was the way to go & we all got our money's worth.

I would not hesitate to go on this ship again and it was by far the best ship I have been on to date.

A couple of criticisms that should be mentioned though, unfortunately!!

Given this ship is based in Australia for a number of months they need to get their beer list sorted out and the availability of the beer they say they have on board to what you can actually get! You might be able to get a certain beer at one bar but not available at another, or you may not be able to get the same beer at the same bar back to back, not nice changing beers every More time you want one. The bar tenders tried to kill us with their strong mixed drinks and cocktails, all were tasty. Most of the Staff were excellent, especially the guys in the dining room, a couple of the barman were just plain rude but again the others were fantastic.

The cabins had plenty of storage and the bed was very comfortable. One other observation, the button to flush the toilet in the cabin can only be used if you put both the toilet seat and lid down!!!!, my wife thought that fine but I didn't.

This was my 4th cruise and am still not sure if cruising is my go, but I would love to go on this ship again

Concierge class, cabin 9298, on bump with larger balcony and close to elevators.

Gym was very good also Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice 9298

Cabin great, lots of storage, big balcony and adequate bathroomVery comfy bed and very close to elevators but could not hear them from cabinUsed stairs most of the time to get around