Star Princess Cruise Review by growley: Star Princess is a tired ship

growley
Member Since 2014

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Star Princess Hawaii Cruises

Star Princess is a tired ship

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Just a few comments about the ship, not the cruise.

There are no tables for two in the Portofini Dining Room, the Traditional Dining venue. The tables in this dining room are bolted to the floor, so there is no flexibility to accommodate other seating arrangements. If you want a table for two, you need to choose Anytime Dining in the Capri Dining Room and reserve every night (or take your chances and just show up).

The onboard internet strength was terrible, even in the public areas. I couldn't upload pictures to my blog at all.

Time for refurbishing, I think! Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess D522

The beds in our cabin had noticeable sags in them, and felt that way. I have never seen this issue with beds on any other Princess ship.There was a light out in the bathroom the entire trip. The tissue holder didn't, and dropped the tissue box onto the shelf under the sink anytime you pulled a tissue out.