Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by Kelly O'Kidd

Disney Fantasy
Member Name: Kelly O'Kidd
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

New Years Eve week on the Disney Fantasy

We were on the Fantasy December 28, 2013-January 4th, 2014. It was a fantastic time. I've been on the Disney Dream and I have to say, I liked the Disney Fantasy better, can't figure out why. The staff was great, the ports were nice. I liked St. Thomas better than St. Maarten. The ship had to try for about 5 hours to port at Castaway cay, there were rough seas and very strong winds. The captain kept the whole ship informed as to the progress and would keep trying. They created a impromptu navigator to fill in the time while we were on the ship since normally everyone would have been on castaway cay. The entire Walt Disney Theater was packed that morning to watch Frozen since we weren't getting off the ship (great movie btw, a must see for any disney fan!).

Great location to kids clubs, D lounge and other adult venues as well as Cabanas a few floors above. My only complaint is that you can really feel the vibration of the engines while porting but no vibration during sailing at sea which is good. But there was no creaking (we had a room on the 3rd level a few years ago that we literally heard creaking all night). The verandah was great to have and because we had booked both 6182 and 6184 we had the partition slid back so it became one big verandah. Beds were so comfortable and the pillows were amazing, I almost asked where I could buy one of them! Overall I would say it's a good choice for a room.

The food was fantastic of course. We went to Palo one night and was not disappointed. Our waitress was wonderful.

Bingo was always fun, I'm still singing the B-11 song (for those who haven't played Bingo on a Disney ship, it's a big deal when B-11 gets called)......

There was a very interesting show with a hypnotist (can't remember his name though) which was very entertaining. There was a magician who was just ok, he performed on January 1st I think. Maybe they can't get great performers on those holiday days..The rest of the shows were very good.

Kids didn't really use the kids clubs as much as I would have liked. Not because they didn't want to go but because there was so much going on they didn't want to miss and of course the pools on board they loved going on. In regards to the aquaduck, the best time to go on it is in the evening during the pirate show. Nighttime is great to do it because of the flashing lights, and seeing all the people below enjoying the pirate show was fun too. We had so much fun that I booked the same week for this coming december new years eve week!

Publication Date: 02/03/14