Disney Wonder Cruise Review by jerseygirl444:

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Disney Wonder Bahamas Cruises

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas

I "Wonder" why we didn't do this sooner! Oh, I know. The cost! This ain't cheap, but it IS something you have to do for your kids. Overall, I was very satisfied (except for the weather, which we know is uncontrollable). The ship is lovely and well-maintained. No matter where you were or who you bumped into, the staff always had a smile and friendly face. Getting to see all the characters without having to wait in hours-long lines is a great perk. The food was very good, the stateroom was nice, the movie theater awesome, and the kid's club was very good.

Dining: I love the idea of going to different dining rooms each night and having your waiter follow you. Much better than going to the same place every night like on other cruises. By night #2, our servers (Eddie and Desmon) knew that each of our (3) kids wanted a bowl of strawberries, and that I wanted lemon in my water. The buffets were well-stocked and yummy, and the pizza and grill by the pool were great options, as was More Goofy's Galley with wraps and salads. Oh, and the ice cream machines were fun! Palo was well worth $25 per person. Our server, Felice, was the best I've seen in any restaurant. I truly felt like a valued customer and the food was great. Overall, the food was very good everywhere on the ship - better than I thought it would be. You are never wanting for anything because you can get everything!

Nightly shows: Toy Story was top notch! Golden Mickeys was cute. The theater itself is very nice.

The room itself was rather nice, but its location on the ship not so much. This cabin is in the rear of the boat, with close proximity to the rudders, etc., so we heard quite a bit of noise at terrible, middle-of-the-night hours. Choose a room more in the center of the ship so you can actually sleep! As for the room, Disney is great with 2 baths...one has a shower and sink, and the other has a toilet and sink. This worked well for our group. However, since this is so kid-centric, it was very surprising that there were no step stools in either of the baths. I suggest that they install flip-back stools below the sinks in both baths. The sleeping areas were good - as soon as my son noticed there was a flip-down bed, that's where he wanted to sleep. And though there was only a curtain separating him from our bed, at least it was heavy-duty. Our stateroom host, Nerine, was FABULOUS. Always had a smile, kind word for us, and always left our room perfectly made-up.

Immigration in Key West: though the line moved rather quickly (for an adult), there was not enough staff on-hand to direct the flow of people. Most people on line were questioning if they were where they were supposed to be. Plus, since nearly everyone had kids with them, it was tough to wait in line with them. Less

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Wonder 2146

We were super-excited to visit this port. Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperative and our stingray adventure excursion was canceled (as were most other excursions). That kind of left a damper on what we could actually do at this port of call. We chose to trek to the observation tower for lack of much of anything else to do, which was just OK. Not a very scenic route to get there and back (which meant it was boring for my 6-year-old son), and I thought the view from the tower would be much better. At least we got in some exercise. The BBQ lunch was decent - food on the ship was somehow better. I imagine that if we were able to go to the beach and do our excursion, we would've had an absolute fabulous time, but I think that poor weather really prevented us from enjoying this stop. Which actually says something about this port of call... they need good back-up plans if the weather isn't conducive to beach activities or excursions with the animals.

Butterfly and Nature Conservatory

(4)

We walked from the ship to the butterly place, which was great. The kids really enjoyed it, and I was impressed at the huge amount of butterflies they had. The gift shop was great too. We walked a block or so and ate at the southern-most point cafe (can't remember the exact name), which was rather good. Stopped in a number of stores on the walk back to the ship. Again, not a wonderful stop for kids, but it was OK.

Always a rather boring port of call. Only real thing to do is shop, which is the last thing little kids want to do. We stayed for about an hour, then went back to the ship.

Read 2615 Nassau Reviews