Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by finnkle: Loved the ship but food wasn't good

finnkle
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Loved the ship but food wasn't good

Sail Date: January 2014

My wife and I had a great time on this cruise as the ship itself is incredible. I really loved the atmosphere and it really impressed me how it never really felt crowded considering it is the largest ship in the world. There is always something to do and the activities they organize were great. The islands were great as well. Very happy with them.

Now I will say that I was quite disappointed with the food. My wife and I have cruised with Princess quite a bit and the quality of the food left a lot to desire. We only ate at the main dining room twice because we were so disappointed. They also were not accommodating at all. If we made a special request on princess, they would do what they can to help but not on the allure. We ate at Samba Grill and Chops, again I was disappointed for what we had to pay. On Princess it was $25 for their steakhouse and the quality is unbelievable, but on the Allure they charge $35 and it was no better than a normal steak at a average restaurant. More The bright side was that I felt the buffet was better on this ship than any Princess ship. The steak in the buffet was better than the main dinning room. Very surprised at this.

It just felt like they were trying to nickel and dime as much as they could. For example, on the boardwalk they sometimes have popcorn but you have to pay $2.00 for it. On princess it is free. It just leaves a sour taste in your mouth. They obviously aren't getting rich off the popcorn, so why make the customer experience something like that.

This was however the best ship I have ever been on, just the food is a large barrier for me to overcome so I might not sail with Royal again. I had lower expectations for the food as others told me this but I didn't expect it would be even worse than I had thought. Glad I went on this ship, great experience, a must see for any cruiser! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas 10637

Thought the room was great. The shower was the biggest I have ever had on a cruise before (still not big so don't get your hopes up). The bed and pillow were significantly more comfortable than Princess ships. The technology they use in their TV's is fantastic. Very nice to see a ship moving with the age of technology. The only downside is the space for clothing, you need to make sure you take advantage of hanging your cloths.