Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Lesleyfurness

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by Lesleyfurness
Thomson Celebration
Thomson Celebration
Member Name: Lesleyfurness
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tenerife
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
Not the best of cruises

we sailed on Thomson Celebration to the Canaries for a one week Cruise and it was not our best experience of Cruising. I agree entirely with the previous reviewers comments. the good points for us were that our cabin, although basic was clean and comfortable and we thoroughly enjoyed the on board entertainment, particularly the Crew Evening. Howerver, we found the constant juddering of the ship a problem and this is something we have never come across before on other cruise lines. the quality of the food was not consistent and often dissappointing. i had to send 3 meals back because they were inedible, including the beef Wellington on the gala evening. It got o the point where we did not look forward to our meals. having said that I could not fault the waiters who were very attentive. we took the all inclusive drinks package but amazingly this turned out not to include Water so we had to buy Water for use in our cabin.

The other big issue for me was that we did not go to Agadir, which was the main reason I chose this cruise. I fully accepted the Captains reasoning for this when he said safety was an issue because the sea was too choppy, however, when docking on Lanzarote we learned that two other ships, one larger and one smaller than us had gone there on a smooth Sea and that the same had happened the previous week!!! Could it have been a money saving exercise not to go there?? I have cruised with several cruise lines before and this cruise did not match up to any of them. I will not be cruising with Thomson again

Publication Date: 01/28/14
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Canary Islands Cruise Reviews