Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by Colmena

Member Name: Colmena
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Voyager Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Voyager Deck Plans
So Disappointed that we canceled the next cruise to Asia

This was our first and last Regent. I have sailed with Sea Dream and Seabourn and have always been pleased. I wish that I could say the same of Regent, but we had already booked and paid in full for a sailing from Beijing to Bangkok for the spring. Due to the time that Regent took to respond to the issues we had on board, when we cancelled we were charged the 50% fee. I would rather lose 20k than have a less than mediocre sailing. While the travel will be harder, by flying between cities, we are able to do much of the same itinerary and stay at truly 5* hotels that merit their stars than the 6* that Regent has given itself.

Below are the issues we encountered, I received a letter from Regent offering a $300 shipboard credit, which was a joke. Again they did not care about making things right, this was the same lip service we received on the boat.

Disorganization at the airport upon arrival

Late leaving hotel due to late arrival of vessel from Dry Dock

Long lines once we were at port.

Men(workers) smoking right next to us as we were getting on ship

No hair dryer in room

Tub leaked first night

Took two days to get hot water to the room(after multiple requests)

When finally repaired, the water in the tub was yellow, the plumber told us it was normal.

Had asked for diet coke in the refrigerator, two were there was told they were “waiting” for a delivery to the ship from butler

Food in restaurants was palatable but not good.

Several times I sent steaks back that were over cooked

Hot dogs delivered as hot appetizers from Butler. We did not eat them at lunch and were disgusted that they were re-purposed.

Ship had just come out of dry dock, obvious it was not ready for passengers.

Asked several requests to speak directly to the hotel manager I gave up, but then our suite flooded overnight and we were moved to a larger suite.

Disorganization at departure, no request for no feathers for our room at Westin Europa. Poor organization for our airport departure as well.

Six stars this boat is not, my biggest complaint is that I am used to asking once to have a repair or change made, I am highly unused to multiple requests.

Publication Date: 01/28/14
More Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Voyager review Read the next Seven Seas Voyager review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews