Ventura Cruise Review by ROYAL TIGER: Disappointed

Disappointed

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Barbados

My wife and I have cruised 30 + times mostly with Celebrity, RCL, Princess and Airtours when they were operating.

Having read lots of good reviews we decided to try P and O. but oh dear what a mistake. How Ventura as a ship can rate highly in the Berlitz guide totally baffles me.

We did enjoy the ports of call and the itinerary after all what's not to like in the Caribbean in January.

Ship.

We found the ship very poorly laid out with dead ends causing one to back track, Sun decks are poorly set out over too many levels and not enough sun beds. This is made a lot worse by people reserving them and not using them all day.

Theatre.

Poor sight lines throughout, difficult to find seats but the headliner shows were good.

Cabin.

This was well set out and spacious, I do take exception to being sold a restricted view cabin to find that it was an outside cabin with daylight but no view what so ever. My wife does like the More walk in wardrobe and storage space.

Restaurants.

The beach house and waterside eateries are very poorly designed and the choice of food throughout the day was poor especially the breakfast buffet which did not change once . We ate in the Saffron restaurant in the evening and the menus although varied were mostly a total disappointment. E.g. Duck breast was on the menu on night on arrival I received two slices 7cm long which consisted mainly of the outside skin.

The service was good but the food was only two star.

Shore Excursions.

We booked four shore excursions three of which were excellent and the other was a total disaster but the desk was not interested in any complaints although 8 out of 10 people on the bus complained.

Bars and service.

Why can't you order a drink at the Bar ? Drinks with mixers very expensive 90p for a tiny can of coke or lemonade.

With the exception of the cabin stewards who were fantastic I found the crew to be indifferent to the passengers as if it were a chore Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>