Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Ruby1974: GREAT - BUT MORE COMMUNICATION NEEDED
Overall Member Rating
GREAT - BUT MORE COMMUNICATION NEEDED
This is our second cruise, the first cruise being with NCL Norwegian Spirit.
- Need to sort out the seating arrangements in Windjammer. We spent quite a bit of time trying to find a seat and when we found one, our food was cold. Announcements were made for people to kindly give up their seats if they had finished eating. Of course, this had fallen on deaf ears.
- A gentlemen was making animal balloons for children outside Windjammer. Are you serious? They were blocking the entrance, not to mention the kids were now running around with these balloons annoying other patrons eating. You cannot tell me that out of the whole ship, this is the only place balloons can be made for children?
- Regarding the shore excursions, NCL would go into detail on each excursion. For example, what fitness level is best to do the excursion, safety (shopping, pick pocketing) etc. This cruise line briefly (and I mean briefly) mentioned each excursion, which More sounded like the lady was reading from a book; word for word. If we had obtained a bit more information we would have ditched KL Shopping and gone to the Batu Caves. - The excursion we went on in Langkawi was better. However, once again, this cruise line failed to mention that we would be hoping on a bus, driving 200m down the road and walking another 150m to the wharf, get in and out of a little boat and walk down and up a steep staircase to the Maiden Lake, while trying not to get mugged by monkeys. This was fine for my husband and I, it was the lovely old lady we had to help in and out of the boat. We then went to look at Eagles for 5 minutes and then off to one of the islands for a swim. This was the most rat-shit island we have ever been on. We could only swim in knee deep water as there were nothing but rocks or coral in the water. Plus, there were no toilets. The bush must be full of shit. How about the rubbish? It was everywhere! You need to advise the locals or whoever owns the island to clean this up! Not cool as I will not be recommending anyone to go there.
- Electronic boards at the end of each floor was excellent. We found out the location we were standing in, where the bars and restaurants were and even what was happening at that particular time.
- Excellent shows, especially the ice skating show.
- Loved the variety of foods available.
- Our housekeeping gentleman was very polite and didn't give us a story of how broke he is. Less
Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>
Cruise to Korea and Japan
Our Maiden Cruise
Voyage ex HK a disappointment
MEDIOCRE AT BEST!
The Royal Caribbean Diet
Best Family Holiday
Average to Good