Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by maudie438

Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: maudie438
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

First time on NCL

We are frequent cruisers but have only gone on Carnival so we decided to try something new.

The good -

Great shows - much better than the Carnival options. Comedian, Tim Kaminski, was hysterical - had a great time at his shows. Singers and dancers were top notch.

Dining - loved the upscale dining options with good pricing. Had a blast with the wine tasting. Absolutely recommend the Brazilian steak house and the Italian restaurant. Nice to not have to dress up for dinner in the main dining room too.

Happy staff - people who work there weren't afraid to look you in the eye and say hello. That's a nice change.

Cleanliness - Ship was incredibly clean - very nice.

Cruise Director - Hysterical and very fun. Not always on the air.

The mediocre -

Cabin size - balcony and interior cabins were very small. Balcony size was small. Bathroom shower has a real door!

Class system - Balcony cabin had a coffee pot, stocked mini bar and better pillows- interior - nothing. Definitely felt like we were less appreciated as an interior cabin guest. Asked for extra towels and softer pillows but never got that.

The ugly -

The shore exursion desk - Dana the manager. We had exeptionally rough seas for 2 full days. Our first excursion was a catamaran ride. Every other excursion was canceled, ours was not. When I tried to speak with Dana about the concerns with the excursion, she refused to listen, she spoke down to me, and made me feel like I was wasting her time. I think the most odd part was when I tried to greet her with a handshake, she looked at my hand and said "I don't do that." Very awkward. It went downhill from there. That was enough for me to question whether I would cruise again with NCL. I've been trying to call Guest Services for days, but they don't pick up.

Toilets - had major problems with toilets overflowing or not flushing at all. Then randomly flushing over and over on their own.

Publication Date: 01/27/14