Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by dlong1962: Mediocre

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Southern Caribbean Cruises

Mediocre

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Just finished a 7 day cruise on the Epic with 15 friends and family. The weather was absolutely perfect, and the stability of the ship was great!! This was our 8th cruise and we have been on various cruise lines, so I was super excited to go on an NCL cruise and be on a big ship!!

The embarkation process was flawless, from the people to the boarding process!! It's when we got on the ship that the mediocrity set in. The staff (much of them) had just turned over so were just getting on the ship and many had just ended their time segment. While I wouldn't expect that to be of issue, it was!! Our cabin was dirty, and barely touched before we got released to our cabin. The balcony was filthy, the floors inside were dirty and the sheets were actually stained....ick!! Once we got that cleared up our steward was helpful - our blow drier went out and a few other things, but in general he was good!!

The food - well, unless we went to a paid dining experience it was SLOW at More best and the food was either cool or simply boring!! The specialty dining was much better in both respects!! I like the freestyle approach and the martini bar (Shakers) was our favorite bar, the BEST food on the ship is at O'Sheehans and the casino is SMOKY!!! I loved the fact that one of the craps tables is smoke free, except it doesn't open until after 9pm.... :-( LINES LINES LINES - on and off the ship and I anticipate that is because the number of cruisers is disproportionate to the crew size. So, no pool side lounges unless you get up at the butt crack of dawn to put your towel on it to reserve, the buffet food is good. In general - I likely won't do another NCL cruise simply because it was underwehelming at best. Entertainment - Legends show - ELvis was great - other 2 mediocre - when did Katy Perry become a "legend"? Finally, I have always enjoyed using the sauna after walking or using fitness equipment - it is NOW a charge!! PAHLEEZ!!!! The cleanliness of this ship was outstanding!! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 10202

10202 cabin cannot see the front of the ship..... so I was disappointed by the limited view....