Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Netkruizer: Nice getaway

Nice getaway

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

Ok your reviews have helped me so hopefully my review may help someone. My 14 year old daughter and I sailed on 1/15/14 on the fantasy.

Day one, getting into port for parking and customs is very easy and fast. You go to the first stop and show your boarding pass, next stop is passport and to make sure you have everything you need to board, next stop is luggage drop off, then you park inside a warehouse. A shuttle then picks you up and drives you to the entrance to customs/ship. The first stop in customs is the X-ray machine. They did open my case of soft drinks and check them and shook my bottled water. After this you go to the desk to get your sail and sign card and then you board the ship. The whole process took less than 30 minutes. We then went to the lido deck for a great cheeseburger and fries.

we were able to get in our room at 130. We had 3 bags checked and one bag was waiting for us at 130 when we went to our room. We got the remaining ones before we left More the port. We we're is room E154. The room was very clean. The ship for that matter was very clean, saw staff constantly cleaning the ship.

Day two was a little rocky at sea, the capt advised there was 5 foot swells. Neither my daughter nor I got sick luckily. My daughter made numerous friends and was having a great time. I found my favorite spot on the ship, the promenade outside the forum in a chaise with a large window looking out into the water. Great place to curl up with a good book.

Day three, balmoral island, my daughter did the dolphin swim. She said that the encounter is nice but the swim is not. The dolphins will not let you touch them during the swim, the encounter is more hands on. They took great pictures of her with the dolphin.we bought them all. I did the deluxe beAch day. It was relaxing, the music is a little loud but if you sit close to sandals resort it is quieter. They do beach volleyball, and dancing and contests. I had a cheeseburger and fries, it was a little dry but ok. It is big enough to split with two people. I would do this excursion again. The beach is very clean and they are still adding to it as we'll to make it nicer.

Day four is Freeport, we stayed on the boat. We were late leaving port due to a death on the boat, port authority had to do their investigation and clear us to leave. Never found out what happened. Didn't leave until almost 730pm.

Day five the boat was rocking worse than the other day at sea. My daughter felt a little nausea but was ok. A lot of people getting sea sick this day. People were holding on to the walls to walk straight.

Ok positives and negatives of the ship: if you are someone that needs to be entertained then you are not going to like this ship. I loved it because I am a homebody that likes to relax with a good book. The entertainment is lacking. The food was always hot and delicious. I ate omelets every morning. They are made to order. For lunch I had pizza, burgers, and had speghetti one day in the dining room brunch. A little warning the speghetti is spicy. I had your time dining in the celebration dining room and never had to wait. The dining room staff was very attentive. The chocolate melting cake was out of this world. The only thing I didn't like about my room was it is right under the galley and you hear rolling carts, pot and pans and dishes all night long. I take sleep meds so it wasn't too bad for me until about 3am when the meds starting wearing off. I saw Tim young one of the comedians and he was funny. The has to game shows were cute. There is a man that plays a guitar and piano, he is very good. Shorty the cruise director is very nice and entertaining. My cabin steward was very nice and did a great job toweling our room clean. The staff on the boat was very friendly and I never had any negative experience. I had a Swedish massage in the spa and OMG bongile ndubane has magic hands. I carry all my tension in my neck and shoulders and she got them to relax. Definitely worth every penny. I would definitely sail the fantasy again and my daughter said she loved it as well. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy E154

Very noisy at night because it is under the galley. You hear pots, pans and rolling carts all nigh.. Very clean and convenient location.