Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by drarthur25

Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: drarthur25
Cruise Date: December 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Recent Review on the CELEBRITY EQUINOX in Central & South America/ DEC

My family who lives all over the world gets together once or twice a year to spend time together on a Cruise.My mother & my sister usually pick out the cruise line & destination & handle allot of the paper work for which I'm very grateful.. Boarding in Ft Lauderdale was relatively easy and the process went smoothly. My stateroom with a balcony was clean & comfortable & the cabin attendants courteous & pleasant. There is however NO COLD FRESH WATER on this Celebrity Equinox because of their plumbing design I was told by a staff member. I could only find cold fresh water in the large exercise room and of course at meal time. In your room the water is lukewarm at best. This problem exists on most of the Celebrity cruisers. I had a pitcher of fresh ice water delivered to my room twice a day. Most of the other passengers were considerably older, certainly not baby boomers like myself. Their was live music in the evenings which was nice & lots of dancing.I don't gamble but their were lots who did. I spend one or two days at the adult pool & the weather was so nice and warm with a gentle breeze coming in off the ocean. I also spent lots of time on my balcony nude & reading some great books which I thoroughly enjoyed.Unfortunately, The Food was the Worst I've ever had on any of the 12 other cruise lines. The chef was Australian(Executive Chef: Gavin Baxter) which was quite evident by his cooking.If you enjoy bland, dry salmon or the lack of any desirable seasoning on most of the food served this food is for you. Any attempt at French pastry or cuisine was a disaster.If you live on meat & potatoes & don't mind the absence of creativity you won't have a problem. In the past I've had good food from all over the world but I couldn't find any on this ship. I was very disappointed & meals were on occasion I never looked forward to.

I found some very rude, uncouth people on board this ship as well. On one occasion while I was in the cafeteria for lunch a man about my age stuck his nose in my plate, smiled & walked away. Needless to say this didn't help my feelings about the food. ...The staff in the kitchen & on board the ship were great.. very friendly and helpful & went out of their way to help in any way they could. Even the Chef came out to our table to see if their was anything more that he could do. The prices for the use of the internet were extremely high & there were no real discounts which were disappointing to me.

And last but not least was debarkation which took hours & was another disaster.Instead of a civil approach to debarkation in which the disabled in wheelchairs & those unable to stand hours in line GO FIRST, US SECURITY & CUSTOMS made those people wait in line for hours standing or sitting in their wheelchairs like everyone else. And I thought my country was any different than the 3rd world,lol.

Publication Date: 01/27/14