Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by poprok17: Not too impressed this time around

poprok17
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

Not too impressed this time around

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This is my 3rd Carnival cruise and 6th cruise all together. Last year me and my boyfriend took the exact same cruise but a different ship, same time of year. This year the first thing we didn't like was the lay out of the ship. It was scattered and weird. The second thing we noticed was there was a lot less activities planned for the 4 sea days. This is a must since it can get boring when the weathers cold. There was not a lot to do. There was almost nothing to do from 5pm to 8pm. Last year we would have to choose what activity to do and this year we spend at least 3 hours a day in our room before dinner just watching tv. We had the late dining, which I think it too late and we will not be doing that anymore. I was very annoyed that a lot of activities were done at 8pm, which we missed out on. They have the show twice but that is is. We missed a few game shows and bands. Not fair! We also made reservations one night to go to the Pinnacle steak house for our anniversary against my More better judgement. The restaurant was empty which was awkward. The food was just alright and for $35 a person I expected a lot more, especially since just down stairs they were getting pretty much the same thing for free and as much as they wanted. The worst part was my boyfriend ordered a scotch and when it arrived it had 2 dead flies in it! We told our waitress who made a face and brought it to the bartender who said "oh shit" and gave us a new drink. No apologies and we were still charged for it.

I also had a problem this year with the overall cleanliness of the ship. By the last day the lido deck was filthy. Stains on the seats and all the lounge chairs. The deck had hair on it and was just not appealing to me. I know after 8 days even with the constant cleaning it gets dirty but it was just too much for me.

What I did like was the piano bar, Tonya Scott was here name. She was wonderful. She put on a great show every night. She made it feel like a family and I enjoyed seeing her! The staff was friendly and respectful. Our steward was great and our dining staff was great.

For the great price we got this was a fine vacation but it did have it's problems and I think next time I will pay some more to go on a better ship with new destinations. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Interior Main 2322

Cabin was small but that is expected. It was kept clean though, the steward was great.

Perfume Factory and Brewery Tour

(5)

This tour was great! Well worth the money. The perfume factory is quick and somewhat enjoyable. The shops are great, wish we got more time to spend there, as there is a beach there as well. We ran to it for 5 min and ran back to the bus because we only had 30 minutes. The brewery tour was great. Awesome tour leader and all the beer you can drink. The bus ride is also fun and you can learn a lot about the city.

This city always annoys me. All the excursions are overpriced and there's not much to do in the city besides get hassled by the locals.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

Walt Disney World

(4)

Epcot was great but that is Disney. The bus to Epcot was not great. It was tiny, smelly and uncomfortable. The price was $160 and that included Epcot and the bus. Through Disney, Epcot is $90. So, we paid $70 for a horrible bus ride, it beats the $150 taxi they claim we would have to pay but still.