Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by poprok17

Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: poprok17
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Not too impressed this time around

This is my 3rd Carnival cruise and 6th cruise all together. Last year me and my boyfriend took the exact same cruise but a different ship, same time of year. This year the first thing we didn't like was the lay out of the ship. It was scattered and weird. The second thing we noticed was there was a lot less activities planned for the 4 sea days. This is a must since it can get boring when the weathers cold. There was not a lot to do. There was almost nothing to do from 5pm to 8pm. Last year we would have to choose what activity to do and this year we spend at least 3 hours a day in our room before dinner just watching tv. We had the late dining, which I think it too late and we will not be doing that anymore. I was very annoyed that a lot of activities were done at 8pm, which we missed out on. They have the show twice but that is is. We missed a few game shows and bands. Not fair! We also made reservations one night to go to the Pinnacle steak house for our anniversary against my better judgement. The restaurant was empty which was awkward. The food was just alright and for $35 a person I expected a lot more, especially since just down stairs they were getting pretty much the same thing for free and as much as they wanted. The worst part was my boyfriend ordered a scotch and when it arrived it had 2 dead flies in it! We told our waitress who made a face and brought it to the bartender who said "oh shit" and gave us a new drink. No apologies and we were still charged for it.

I also had a problem this year with the overall cleanliness of the ship. By the last day the lido deck was filthy. Stains on the seats and all the lounge chairs. The deck had hair on it and was just not appealing to me. I know after 8 days even with the constant cleaning it gets dirty but it was just too much for me.

What I did like was the piano bar, Tonya Scott was here name. She was wonderful. She put on a great show every night. She made it feel like a family and I enjoyed seeing her! The staff was friendly and respectful. Our steward was great and our dining staff was great.

For the great price we got this was a fine vacation but it did have it's problems and I think next time I will pay some more to go on a better ship with new destinations.

Publication Date: 01/27/14