Diamond Princess Cruise Review by trishapsm: Family cruise

Family cruise

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

The object was achieved. Time with our family who are all first time cruisers and that was great. The five teenagers had a wonderful time. Non stop food for them and plenty of entertainment.

However, we found the anytime dining confusing and could seldom get a time we wanted. Overall the food was good.

There isn't a category for cleanliness/hygiene. If there was, I would give a 3.

My husband and I were amazed when we found the only place that had hand sanitizers was the buffet.

On other cruise lines they are placed at the gangway, every dining room, casino etc. There is also a constant wiping down of handrails etc.

Therefore we weren't surprised when there was a Nova-virus outbreak. Then of course the sanitizers appeared and the buffet was served - a very awkward system with the lay-out, where the staff were standing the same side of the counters as the passengers.

The public toilets were difficult to find and shabby. I never came More across anyone cleaning them although there was a schedule on the wall.

With the Nova-virus outbreak, we were exhorted to use our own facilities rather than the public ones, and to wash our hands for 20 seconds. Sounds good, but not practical with the numbers on board - children, adults and seniors - I imagine the compliance percentage would be rather low!

Thankfully, none of us got the Nora-virus.

Terrible expresso coffee - 1 out of 5!!!

This cruise full-filled our objective, but we wouldn't cruise with Princess again. Less

Read more Diamond Princess cruise reviews >>