Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by KEENE NH Cruiser: Oasis is a beauty! But I prefer Freedom...

KEENE NH Cruiser
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis is a beauty! But I prefer Freedom...

Sail Date: January 2014

This is my second cruise on Oasis, 4th cruise overall. The expanded seating areas throughout the ship made the ship feel much less crowded than my first cruise on Oasis in 2010. The ship was spotlessly clean, and beautiful in every single way.

*Embarkation was a breeze. Organized, efficient, and quick.

*Stateroom 10308 was roomy and clean. It was the first time we splurged on a Balcony stateroom, and I am so glad we did. Room steward Vincent was great. We also booked 2 interior staterooms for the kids, 7133 and 7135. They were great as well.

*We love the MDR, so were overall very happy there. The food was good, though my husband had 2 meals that he was not thrilled with. Ruxandra and Sandra were our waitstaff and were great.

*The roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe is not to be missed. Service from the teammate working the dessert area there was less than expected. He was a little surly every day....

*Faisal at Johnny Rockets has strangely More enough been on our last 3 cruises, so that was quite the coincidence, he was delightful.

*Photo lab was insane. Our discs were not ready when supposed to be, asked 3 different people, got 3 different answers, none satisfactory. All three quoted delivery times were long after I was scheduled to leave the boat for express debarkation.

* I would have liked to have seen the pool deck patrol to be more aggressive with removing belongings and towels from lounge chairs on the pool deck. We arrived to the pool area at 730-8am to enjoy the hot tub to find EVERY good seat already covered with books and towels. Yet we were literally the only actual guests on the whole pool deck. None in the pool, none in the hot tub, none in the chairs.

*Allan Brooks the cruise director is phenomenal. I have had him on 3 of my 4 cruises, and he is the best cruise director ever.

* Central Park is a delight. They even have their own little wild birds that live there.

*Express debarkation was a nightmare. Not enough staff to organize and keep people in the right line. The line was like a pile of spaghetti thrown on the floor. Crossed over itself, circled around, in the dining room, back out, all muddled up around the elevators and the elevators kept delivering more people into the chaos. Everyone has to sign up for express debarkation earlier in the cruise, so the thousand people crowding the promenade trying to get out should not have been a surprise for the 4 poor crew members trying to control everyone. Several guests were abusive and screaming at the crew, but they were all very professional and stayed calm. The rest of us wanted to smack the loudmouths, but we stayed calm as well.

Overall, I am very glad that I brought my family to see Oasis. I love Royal Caribbean and will certainly cruise with them again. The service throughout the cruise was adequate. However, not nearly as impressive as what we received on board Freedom or Independence. The star of Oasis is Oasis itself. But service makes the difference for me. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas 10308

Great room, the balcony is totally worth it. Bigger than I expected. I was worried about it being too light for great napping, but the black out shades are great and darken the room enough for a nice nap....