Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Warrenton

Member Name: Warrenton
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Number: U121
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Under appreciated

I am a very experienced and well travelled female and I enjoyed every minute of my recent cruise on Paradise. The initial cost is fantastic & they make their money on add ons so you can make it as cheap as you want & $300 for five nights is about the best deal around!!! So people want everything for nothing???

The service on this ship was exemplary. Never once did I not feel like I was treated as a VIP and I liked the emphasis that Carnival has on remembering customers names. I don't think I even knew half the people who adressed me by name!! The ship was exceptionally clean & there was always someone picking up after the slobs who left their garbage out whoever they went. Also the ships staff is very eclectic and interesting. I don't think there was a country not represented by them . Very interesting stories from them as to why they were on the ship. Most we're more interesting than the passengers!

The kids in the kids club looked like they were just as glad to get rid of their parents as we're the parents.

The activities were plentiful and appealed to all ages. Some of the " old folks" we're booting and having more fun with the pool games as we're the younger ones. This is a FUN ship and may not be for people who just want to veg.

The dining was very good in all areas. Definitely not a 4. Or 5 star but let's be realistic for the price!! The main dining room had well prepared and varied menus to suit every taste. Meals were well presented and served in a timely manner. I did get a couple of warm meals but they were cheerfully replaced.the buffet area on the top deal has an incredible variety for those wanting casual dining.many of those folks never DID eat in the dining room.!

The ship itself is from the Grand old Dame time of shipping & has an opulence and elegance all it's own. Reminds me of the old US and Cunard line ships when a cruise ship was a means of elegant transportation and not a vacation as it is today.the rooms are spacious and have good sound sound buffering unlike many hotels. My room had but one elec outlet tho and with a European converter, I could have had 2.bring your own hair dryer... None is furnished.otherwise a great place to spend very little time except to sleep.

I don't get the complainers for this cruise at all. Perhaps they just need a fancy expensive cruise. This was perfect for me!!

Publication Date: 01/26/14