Zuiderdam Cruise Review by corke: MS Zuiderdam is a VERY tired ship
Overall Member Rating
MS Zuiderdam is a VERY tired ship
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
The ship has not been refurbished in years and is badly in need of a total overhaul.
- There is rust on may areas of the exterior of the ship. In the past, when cruising, I noticed that, in every port, there were workmen paining the hull of the ship. Not so on this cruise.
- There is rust on the tiles in the pool.
- There is rust on the rails of the movable roof (over the pool).
- When they open and close the roof, it makes a terribly loud noise.
- The portholes, and almost all windows on the ship are filthy.
- The wood surrounding the pool is badly in need of some stain and polyurethane.
- In addition, the wood surrounding the pool has grooves in which there seems to be some type of tar. Ruined bathing suits.
- The Vista lounge (in which the shows are presented) is very shabby; the furniture is fraying and torn.
- The shows put on by The Zuiderdam Singers and Dancers were terrible. Rank amateur. Two male More and 2 female singers. One female singer had a decent voice; the others cannot carry a tune.
- Many bathrooms were "closed for cleaning" for the entire cruise.
- One hot tub was covered with netting for the whole cruise and was not usable.
- The food was very good
- The entertainer in the Piano Bar was very good. Less
Read more Zuiderdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Zuiderdam Review >>
Cabin review: 1099
The cabin was adequate.The bathtub did not drain properly.Some of the cabinets seemed to be coming off the hinges.
Port and Shore Excursions
Panama Canal Tour
Took 9 hours.
Not enough food on the ferry.
The Men's toilet facilities were not acceptable.
Rainforest Aerial Tram Tour
Bus was comfortable; the Rainforest walking tour and Aerial Tram were great.
Guides were great.
Lunch was great.
Extremely well organized.
NCL Sun A Great Cruise
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugl...
Vancouver-FLL. Overall very go...
A bucket list item (Panama Can...
One for the books!
Cruise to the Bottom of the Ba...
Different than most cruises......
Old ship, poor food; needs dry...