The ship has not been refurbished in years and is badly in need of a total overhaul.
- There is rust on may areas of the exterior of the ship. In the past, when cruising, I noticed that, in every port, there were workmen paining the hull of the ship. Not so on this cruise.
- There is rust on the tiles in the pool.
- There is rust on the rails of the movable roof (over the pool).
- When they open and close the roof, it makes a terribly loud noise.
- The portholes, and almost all windows on the ship are filthy.
- The wood surrounding the pool is badly in need of some stain and polyurethane.
- In addition, the wood surrounding the pool has grooves in which there seems to be some type of tar. Ruined bathing suits.
- The Vista lounge (in which the shows are presented) is very shabby; the furniture is fraying and torn.
- The shows put on by The Zuiderdam Singers and Dancers were terrible. Rank amateur. Two male and 2 female singers. One female singer had a decent voice; the others cannot carry a tune.
- Many bathrooms were "closed for cleaning" for the entire cruise.
- One hot tub was covered with netting for the whole cruise and was not usable.
- The food was very good
- The entertainer in the Piano Bar was very good.