MS Zuiderdam is a VERY tired ship: Zuiderdam Cruise Review by corke
Overall Member Rating
MS Zuiderdam is a VERY tired ship
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
- There is rust on may areas of the exterior of the ship. In the past, when cruising, I noticed that, in every port, there were workmen paining the hull of the ship. Not so on this cruise.
- There is rust on the tiles in the pool.
- There is rust on the rails of the movable roof (over the pool).
- When they open and close the roof, it makes a terribly loud noise.
- The portholes, and almost all windows on the ship are filthy.
- The wood surrounding the pool is badly in need of some stain and polyurethane.
- In addition, the wood surrounding the pool has grooves in which there seems to be some type of tar. Ruined bathing suits.
- The Vista lounge (in which the shows are presented) is very shabby; the furniture is fraying and torn.
- The shows put on by The Zuiderdam Singers and Dancers were terrible. Rank amateur. Two male More and 2 female singers. One female singer had a decent voice; the others cannot carry a tune.
- Many bathrooms were "closed for cleaning" for the entire cruise.
- One hot tub was covered with netting for the whole cruise and was not usable.
- The food was very good
- The entertainer in the Piano Bar was very good. Less
Cabin review: 1099
The cabin was adequate.The bathtub did not drain properly.Some of the cabinets seemed to be coming off the hinges.
Port and Shore Excursions
Panama Canal Tour
Took 9 hours.
Not enough food on the ferry.
The Men's toilet facilities were not acceptable.
Rainforest Aerial Tram Tour
Bus was comfortable; the Rainforest walking tour and Aerial Tram were great.
Guides were great.
Lunch was great.
Extremely well organized.
Fun with limits
BEST Cruise Ever!
Very pleasant cruise, but the ...
Amazing, wonderful and relaxin...
Another great experience with ...
Visually wonderful ship, great...