Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by lesters: A great holiday

A great holiday

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was our 2nd trip on the Miracle - first time to these ports, and third Carnival cruise. On the trip was myself (39), DH (39) and DD (10).

Over all it was a great holiday. The service was great, the ship was clean and the food was pretty good. I will list some details below.

EMBARKATION:

OK Long Beach is insane. The most chaotic embarkation I have ever experienced. We relied heavily on other passengers who directed us where to go. We were FTTF and this worked so great we were able to bypass a few giant lines of people. I will always buy this when we cruise Carnival as long as its available.

DINING

We had anytime dining again and again it is in my opinion the only way to go. We only had a wait one night and that was when it was just the 2 of us (around 7) as DD went to the kids club. The wait was not even 10 minutes. We sat in a different section each night - enjoyed them all. The food was good - not outstanding but always found more More than enough to choose from. I do wish there were more veggies as sides - the big baked potatoes with sour cream got old fast.

We ate in the Steakhouse the first night and it was a nice way to start the trip - included a free bottle of wine on the first night, an ok Merlot. My lobster on the elegant night was just as good if not better than the Steakhouse surf and turf that I had but it was still a nice evening.

KIDS CLUB

The kids club was ok - DD was at the top age for Camp Carnival and she found it quite babyish and boring this time. She did meet a friend there so that helped but she spent very little time at Camp Carnival compared to other trips. Usually she was asking to go - not this time.

ENTERTAINMENT

I didnt see the Entertainment Director on board once not a big deal - we didnt participate in a lot of events either but the Beatles show was good, the casino was fun (Won a slot tournament!!), and overall we make our own fun so we had a good time.

DISEMBARKATION

This would have been smooth if only people actually checked thier bags before leaving the baggage claim area. We had another passenger accidentally take our bag when he got off the ship. After waiting around for an hour and a half we gave up, gave Carnival our claim information and left. Thankfully on our way to our hotel the gentleman called (our cell # was written on our tags) and we were able to get our bag back. Carnival did everything they could to help. This is a reminder to double check the tags and the bag before taking a bag as you exit!!

SUMMARY

We will likely continue to travel on Carnival when we cruise, but we also like to visit All Inclusives in Mexico and Cuba as well so it might be a while before we cruise again. Likely this intenary won't be our #1 choice but it is an easy flight from home to LA so that is often the driver of what type of holiday we take. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Panorama 8204

This is a great location - easy access to everything especially the Lido deck! We didnt wake up to scaping chairs or noise from above at all. This was a concern I had leading up to the trip as we usually stay on a deck with rooms above and below. Lots of storage - suitcases stayed under the bed no problem.

The FTTF helped with the tender process - just headed to guest services and they escorted us the the front of the tender line!!

It was an okay port - took a water taxi tour by the Arch, Lovers Beach and Lands End. Was going to head out for some whale watching but the rough waters caused my DD to feel a bit motion sick so we cancelled that plan and spent the day at Medano Beach - great day of sun but the vendors drove us crazy. How many times can a person say no??

Note if you are heading to PV after Cabo - we found many of the items they were selling on the beach in Cabo for waaaaay less in PV. Some were even the price we offered the vendors and they wouldnt take that amount. Save your shopping for PV

Walked out of the port area to the Pemex Station and caught a taxi to the Malecon. Great walking and shopping along here. It was $7 for 3 total not $6/7 per person like they want at the port. From here we took another taxi to the Now Amber and purchased a day pass for the resort. It was fantastic. Great drinks and food. Super relaxing day. We plan on returning here for a week!