Carnival Dream Cruise Review by CruisinLady2011

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by CruisinLady2011
Carnival Dream
Carnival Dream
Member Name: CruisinLady2011
Cruise Date: January 2014
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Beautiful Ship - Great trip

Parked at Park & Cruise. I recommend this very much. We paid $7.99 a day. Your car is in a fenced in lot and very secure. Got to the terminal around 10:30am,. I had purchased Faster to the Fun and highly recommend it. We were on the ship by 11am. Our room was ready but our luggage showed up 1/2 hr later.

We explored the ship and waited for our friends to board.

We had gotten an aft, wrap around balcony. I loved it but we didn't spend a lot of time on it. That was disappointing so I'm not sure I'd pay the extra money again. I love the aft balcony and that's cheaper.

The food in the dining room and the buffet was great. I am not too sure what people see in the warm chocolate melting cake. It was like cake batter. (yes, I know you can get it medium and well done) I only had it once (that was enough) We had your time dining so never got to know the waiters but we particularly liked Paul. He was quite witty and we enjoyed him for our waiter. We also ate in the chef art steak house. It was quite delicious. I had the surf and turf. For dessert my husband ordered cheese cake. The piece of cheesecake was big enough for all four of us! Delicious too.

We loved the shows in the Encore. Very entertaining but get there early, they fill up fast. We spent quite a bit of time at the Ocean Plaza doing trivia. Watched many people win "the ship on a stick". My hisband treated me to a Top to Toe massage. I haven't been this relaxed in quite some time. Katie did a wonderful job. The Serenity Deck was great and quiet if you got there early.

WE didn't get off the ship in Nassau. St. Thomas and St. Marteen were nice. In St Thomas we did the Skyride and the Ice Bar. We also shopped. In St. Marteen we took a taxi to Maho Beach to watch the planes land. This is quite s sight.

All in all the trip was nice although we were tired of the long lines and people crownding and not thinking they were going to get enough to eat. We have decided that our next vacation will be a trip out west.

Wyoming and South Dakota.

Publication Date: 01/26/14