Crown Princess Cruise Review by hayleeharley

Crown Princess
Member Name: hayleeharley
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Friendly Staff / Problem with Toilets

We cruised on Crown Princess from Jan 11-18, 2014 to Curacao and Aruba and also their private island Princess Cays. This is our 9th cruise, and the 3rd on Princess. We have sailed on the Caribbean Princess and the Golden Princess prior. As far as the ships go, I would have to say this ship is my least favorite of the three. It seems more closed up in the middle area. We went to the elevators in the Aft. We were trying to get to Deck 5, It goes as far as Deck 6. To get to deck 5, you must go to the middle of Deck 7, then down to Deck 5.

I did not like the shopping areas as well on this ship. Did not seem to have the selection the others had, and possibly not as many shops. As a word of caution, if you know what you are looking for, surf the internet before you board the ship. They are there to make money, and every ship makes it sound like you are getting the best deals on and off the ship. I and my brother were suckered into the Phillip Stein watch (Oprah watch). After purchasing them at Kay's Jewelers in Aruba, my brother was surfing the internet, and found them on Amazon. His watch was $140 less and mine was $122 less on Amazon. I purchased a Larimar stone necklace on the ship. I found it on the internet for exactly the same price, so the deals on the ship are not GOOD deals. It made me much more educated for the next cruise. I will decide ahead of time of something I am interested in and will research the prices before I go.

The Casino has a smoking area and non smoking area. I wish it would be non smoking only. The smoke about gags you, even in the non smoking area. I could not stay in there very long as smoke makes my eyes water. Probably ended up saving me money :)

Crown Princess has a problem with the toilets in the rooms. We were on Deck 9 in a mini-suite. It was very annoying when you used the toilet and the toilet would not flush. This was a daily and hourly problem. They definitely have a problem there and need to fix it!

Crown Princess offered fountain drinks for one-time price for the week. I believe it was approximately $36.00. My husband purchased it and felt he got his money's worth. I would have liked it also, but I can only drink diet, caffeine free. They do not offer caffeine free diet drinks in the fountain machine. I was disappointed in that. I had to purchase a can each time I wanted a pop and it cost $2.25 each time.

The staff is exceptional! They were all so friendly. We loved our room steward, Pol. He was so hard working and eager to please. Princess cruise lines is lucky to have him as an employee.

The food was wonderful! Out of the three Princess Cruises, this was by far the best food. If you are tired of the Buffet for breakfast/lunch, on Deck 5, the International Café was very tasty and had delicious Cuban sandwiches and good soups.

Curacao was very colorful. My brother went on the trolley ride and enjoyed it. We went on the semi-sub and would not do it again. It is such tight quarters, very hot, and sways considerably from side to side. I had a headache and my husband passed out.

Aruba was beautiful. We went on an excursion that went to an ostrich farm, light house, and sight seeing. It was a very good tour and I would highly recommend it. The driver was very informative.

The entertainment is fabulous! Need I say more. The professional dancers/singers are top notch.

Would I sail Princess again, absolutely! Would prefer another ship though. Have fun sailing!!!!!

Publication Date: 01/26/14