Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by TexasDan: Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Carnival Ecstasy 4
TexasDan
Member Since 2007
56 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Carnival Ecstasy - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

This was my seventh Carnival cruise but the first time on the Ecstasy. I have also sailed with Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean. Overall, I was quite satisfied with this cruise and had a real nice vacation. My only disappointment and surprise was not being upgraded in cabin category by Carnival as they have done in the past.

Dining: The best meal of the day is in one of the dining rooms at night. I had a beef dish every night including lobster tail and would rate it A-. I opted for lunch on the Lido Deck and would rate the food a solid B along with the service.

Entertainment: I only went to the talent show (very good) and XTreme Country (excellent). The Chinatown Lounge offers a good band for dancing. The late night comedian was absolutely awful and people were walking out.

Shore Excursions: I've been to Cozumel so many times that I just opted for walking around to stretch my legs and do a little shopping. This was my second visit to Progresso and More just did the $2 twenty minute tour of the city which was okay.

Stateroom: Clean, comfortable, cool and spacious enough for me in the cabin by myself. I was impressed by the 20" Flat Screen LG TV as I've seen a lot worse on other ships. I would rate the cabin steward service a B-.

Bottom Line: I think this ship is fine if the reader is a first time cruiser and it will be an enjoyable vacation for you. If the reader has sailed with Celebrity, Princess and RCCL, as stated above, I think this ship may disappoint you. I was very fortunate to have great table mates with Mary, Monique and Ruth who were a lot of fun to be with and helped make this a very good cruise and vacation for me. Less

Published 01/23/07

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X