Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Santa Rosa Beach Realtor: Sunshine was all sunshine

Santa Rosa Beach Realtor
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Western Caribbean Cruises

Sunshine was all sunshine

Sail Date: January 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

My husband and I along with an adult daughter and son in law left on Jan. 10,2014 out of New Orleans. We live in Santa Rosa Beach Florida and daughter and son in law are from the Atlanta Ga. area. We spent a night in Biloxi and another in New Orleans before the cruise. We won a little money prior to going which was helpful. We had booked two rooms at the Country Inn and Suites through Kayak 6 months prior to the cruise and had two rooms for under $190.00 Everyone there was extremely courteous and knowledgeable regarding suggestions for sight seeing. We walked all over New Orleans with no fear or problems. Loved New Orleans and will go back for more.

Embarkation was very quick. We did not get to the port until after noon because we were touring the river area and enjoying the sights. We got on the ship around 1pm and were able to go right to our rooms and drop our carry on luggage. Our other luggage was in our rooms by 4pm. We parked at the port and found it very organized and More easily accessed. I can not say enough good things about Carnival Sunshine. All of the negative comments were totally off in my humble opinion.

The ports were Belize, Roatan and Cozumel. We had great weather and saw showers on a sea day for about 15 minutes. Having left very cold weather the warm sun was a much hoped for and appreciated bonus. We were told that the previous cruise had seen no sun. We did the best of Roatan tour with Victor Boden. Joannie was our guide and she was delightful. We toured the monkey farm and snorkeled at West End. We had a nice lunch and toured West Bay beaches area. We loved this port. In Belize we took a carriage ride. We never felt unsafe in the city. The winds were up and there had been rain the day before so excursions were canceled at that port. We shopped a little and went back to the ship for a late lunch. In Cozumel we went to Mayan Ruins and Paradise Beach. Taxi ride was $84. for the four of us to the ruins and to Paradise Beach. Getting into the ruins cost an additional $9.00. The taxi ride from Paradise Beach to the pier was $14.00. We enjoyed every day both on and off ship.

The Carnival Sunshine is wonderful. We loved the serenity area as well as the theater pool area. The shows that we saw were short and good. The cruise director Jamie was very upbeat and does a great job with encouraging and informing without overdoing. We ate in the Sunset Dining room with early seating. The food was always good with plenty to choose from. The beef usually tasted like chuck roast but it was good. Two nights my husband complained that spring rolls were not hot and the servers quickly brought hot ones. In seven days I saw one bucket catching a drip from a sprinkler head. The rooms were nice, well thermostatically controlled air, bathroom good size especially the shower. We love JiJis restaurant for omlets and lunch. My husband had good luck in the casino and shared with us all. We ate Guys burgers one afternoon and they were very good. I can not say enough good things about this ship, the crew, and our fabulous week.

There was one Canadian gentleman that we ran into at the elevator several times. He was on a back to back, always by himself and always complaining. One morning he was totally incensed that he had a letter left regarding the gratuitys being added to his bill. He was going to take care of that!!! It was a form letter that everyone received. Another time we were ten minutes late leaving Cozumel. He reported that he believed the ship was stuck in mud. The next time I saw him I suggested that he worried way too much. As we left the ship, we saw him again. He had no comment!!! Hope he enjoys his second one this week. We would love to sail this ship again. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 2310

nice size ocean view room. Plenty of storage and closet space. Nice size bathroom. Very comfortable bed.