MSC Opera Cruise Review by phindile: Great experience

Great experience

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Africa
Embarkation: Other

We recently sailed on the MSC Opera from Durban, South Africa to The Portuguese Islands off the coast of Mozambique. The service from the staff on board was for the most part excellent, (I say for the most part because when my brother went to report his lost phone the reception staff was politely uninterested)

The cabins were a little tight but adequate with all the amenities. The noise level from the passage was a little loud at times. I found the double bed to be generous and comfortable but the ladder to the top bunks seemed a little unsecured even when you tried ramming it in (maybe that's just me) The closet had plenty of space and i loved the porthole

the onboard entertainment was interesting and suitably engaging - I enjoyed their shows and dance lessons. The cabins are small but adequate. The food was plentiful and appealing to the eye - the only thing is that taste wise it was sometimes bland. The meat sometimes lacked flavor, and the vegetables were often More overdone. Having said that its not easy to please everyone and palates are very different so I do applaud the effort made and the attention they paid to the presentation of the food.

I would suggest getting the wine vouchers rather than the cocktail vouchers - its much more value for money that way.

Overall I would recommend cruising with this group - the ship is beautiful, the service is excellent and they kept us well informed. Less

Read more MSC Opera cruise reviews >>