Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by LTP321

Costa Luminosa
Costa Luminosa
Member Name: LTP321
Cruise Date: January 2014
See More About: Costa Luminosa Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Luminosa Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Luminosa Deck Plans
THE CRUISE FROM HELL-CANCEL--DO NOT GO- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

This cruise is for Europeans who travel by airplane to the USA rather than sail the Atlantic to continued voyage to the Caribbean Islands. A bilingual cruiser will enjoy the experience..If English is your only language you will be disrespected, very unhappy as you experience an unpleasant, rude and abusive experience from the Costa Luminosa just because you only speak English.

English is the 4th language on this ship! The Costa representatives appeared abrupt, curt and lacked patience with cruisers who did not understand any language other than English and so did other cruisers. The tour excursion representative Francisca P. who works on the Costa Luminosa at the tour excursion was one of the rudest, curt and downright disrespectful individual on this cruise. She caused me issues concerning excursion ticket that I pre purchased just because of the of the language they were printed in. Don't bother to complaint to customer service manager. You will NOT receive a acknowlegement or even an apology. I waited 10 days for a response and their lack of response let me know that they validated her behavior. Rudeness is the norm on this ship!!!!!!! BELIEVE EVERY NEGATIVE COMMENT ABOUT THIS SHIP. I WISH THEY WERE PRINTED BEFORE MY DEPARTURE ONJANYARY 6 2014.

From the very moment you enter the ship you are in an extreme smoke environment. A very heavy smoke environment that is not respected with no smoking sections!!!!!! Hand sanitation in eateries was a "suggestion" or not provided. By day two there were guest with very heavy coughs. By the 6th day I was very ill and so was my guest. The English translator members of the Costa staff took ill as well. I was too sick I could not go to dinner . All I wanted was a bowel of soup and some tea but that was an extra expense for room service!

On board activities consisted of translated dance classes or health/beauty improvement classes to buy products at an added expense. Poolside games loss their 4th translation with limited participation. Every other activity required additional expense/translation including room service. The food prepared at the main restaurant had a nice presentation. but tasted horrible!! The line for the french fries and freezer burnt hamburgers were longer than the "other" European dishes that were limited after 2:00 PM. The quality of food was poor and limited. Ice cream was just that....ice lumps.

Europeans do not believe in wash clothes so if you still decide to sail bring your own. You might want to bring your own soap and other toilet items with you.

I wish I had seen the reviews of this ship before I departed. I am extremely disappointed and hurt that I wasted 10 days on this ship. I would never recommend or return to Costa Cruise Line.

Publication Date: 01/25/14