Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by SaritaKay: If your cruise is more

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Bahamas Cruises

If your cruise is more

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

The good: Check in was quick on embarkation day. Disembarking was just as smooth and quick. The room size was nice. I liked the big screen at the pool.

The bad: The food was terrible. Both the buffet and sit down has much to be desired. The food was at best served luke warm and over cooked. I cut open my baked potato and it was rotten! My husband and I both got sick from the food. We puked and then felt fine in 10 minutes so it was definitely the food. We were NOT seasick. Service was awful seemed like they didn't have enough staff. If you drink soda and are thinking about buying a "bottomless bubbles" for $6 per day plus tax and a 15% gratuity. Which sounds great but good luck finding some one to get you your soda and if you want the souvenir cup it's an extra $5.95 plus tax and gratuity! Don't do it! there's free lemonade and iced tea. Suck it up for a week! Our room steward walked in on us in inappropriately dressed twice without knocking. Although, he apologized it's just More plain awkward. Attitude of some of the entertainment staff needs serious improvement.

I purchased the unlimited spa use for the 8 days for $150. In the spa there are no bathrobes. You need to where the one from your stateroom and prance across the ship in your robe to the spa or else wear your clothes and carry the robe with you and then carry it back wet to your room. Spa whirlpool was closed twice due to waves. Instead of having a sign stating so at the desk where you check in, it was posted on the door to whirlpool after you have changed. I complained about this. I said it is common courtesy to let people know before they get changed for nothing.

"Buy one get one free" Bingo is falsely advertised. The "buy one" has 3 cards, all attached on one so one would assume you get the same free, right? Wrong. You get one single card free all for $25 for 1 game of bingo. The assigned dinner seatings suck. Especially if you have the 8:15 pm. Expect to eat at 9:15 pm and miss all of the shows and fun games and stuff. Adult entertainment begins at 11:30 pm. We were in the lounge from 8-11 pm listening to karaoke thinking we would just stay for the adult entertainment at 11:30 pm. NOPE! We were told to leave at 11pm and we had to get in line outside the lounge. At this point the line had 150 people in it. It would have been nice of the staff to tell us at 10:45, if your are planning on staying for the adult show you need to get in line. No one told us. The staff was NOT nice about asking us to leave either. If a show is this popular where you need a line, why wouldn't you move it to the main theater where there is plenty of room for all?

I usually cruise with Norwegian and suffice it to say, Carnival is a far cry from Norwegian. When your vacation is more "annoying than enjoying", there's a problem. Lots of little things that were sneaky and underhanded. You would think with all of problems Carnival has had they would be more accommodating. Not the case. Very disappointed. You get what you pay for. Spend a little extra and choose a different cruise line. You will be glad you did. Buyer BEWARE!!! Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Our first time in Freeport. We went to Taino Beach. $14 pp round trip. It's a 20 min cab ride and they jam you in. The cab won't leave until it's full. Usually 10 people on the return as well! Beach is free but chairs are $5 and kind of crappy. Beach is ok. I would probably opted for Port Lucaya id I had to do it again.

Read 779 Freeport Reviews

We've been here 5 times. If you haven't seen the Atlantis, it's a must see. If you want to use the waterpark and pools the ship charges $175 pp. Take a cab to the Atlantis on your own for $4 pp each way and get the pass directly from them. You'll save at least $50 pp. We did some shopping in the Straw Market. You might want to venture a few blocks further and you can get some great deals on booze. The locals are very accommodating. Cabbage beach, Junkanoo Beach and Cable beach are free. But, most do not have bathrooms!

Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

Not much to do here unless you want to do to the Disney or Universal thing. We rented a car and drove to Orlando ourselves. It cost $50 for the day. We went shopping and visited the timeshare we own.