Disney Magic Cruise Review by momRNof3boys: A bit of a disappointment

Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Bahamas Cruises

A bit of a disappointment

Sail Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was my 2nd time cruising with Disney. First was on the Fantasy, this one on the Magic. I don't know if it was that the Fantasy was so much better or what, but we had some issues with this ship. First off, the weather was cold, which didn't help. Not Disney's fault but none the less, irritating.

1. STATEROOM: To start, we had 2 staterooms (2075-2077). 2075 was ok, 2077 always had a septic sewer smell to it. After complaining about it, they brought us an air purifier to use. It did not help and was large and noisy and took up one of our outlets. We had dirty glasses in our room the entire sailing because our room attendant never took them. Next time I will place it in the hallway to get rid of. The bunk bed railings in both rooms were loose and noisy. My kids toss and turn at night so every time they moved at night, I would hear the metal railing clanging. What I did like about the rooms was the split bathrooms (genius) and the extra space. Plenty of room to walk around More and get ready.

2. PUBLIC AREAS: I was generally pleased with the public areas. We did find at least 3 restrooms on the ship that did not have working faucets. Some of the restrooms had no faucets. On our day at Castaway Cay, the floors, elevators and hallways had garbage, towels or spills from ice cream on them. It was like that for half the day before someone cleaned it up. We noticed that the towels by the pool and at Castaway Cay were damp. Once we told someone about it, they put out new dry towels.

3. ENTERTAINMENT: We arrived at the show on the first night 15 mins early, only to find there was no seating available. The theater is a lot smaller on this ship than on the Fantasy. We went to the movie theater to watch a movie one night and arrived 5 mins early only to find they had started the movie 15 mins early. Asked guest services to see if it could be restarted and was told no. They sold freshly made popcorn outside the theater for a fee, why not free? I found that they didn't offer a lot of things for the adults to do during the day. Most of it was at 10 or 11 at night or it was offered during one of the dinner times.

4. DINING: After our dining experience on the. Fantasy, we had high expectations on this ship. We were very disappointed to say the least. We only dined at Lumiere's and Animators Palate. We skipped Cairoca's so we could see the nightly show at the earlier time. Our wait staff was not very personable. They mixed up refills or never offered them. They only offered after dinner drinks the first night. We were brought a dirty coffee mug and a chipped desert cup. They were very slow to bring out each item and to clear dishes. The food was good though. On the morning of debarkation, we could either eat the restaurant we were scheduled for the night before or eat in Cabanas. We opted for Cabanas since we didn't want to get up at eat at 6 am. Once we got up there, there was no where to sit. They had half of the buffet and seating area closed (so they didn't have to clean for next cruise, I'm guessing). But the problem is that a it was only 50 degrees outside so no one is going to sit out there. Why not open the seating area then?

Once we got off the ship, we went to find our luggage. Instead of keeping it all together like they say they will, it was scattered across 4 different tables.

I did like the re-designed kids area. My kids never wanted to leave. The staff in there were very friendly and got to know my children by name.

We will definitely stay away from the Magic, and the Wonder for that matter. Instead we will cruise on the newer ships, the Dream and Fantasy. Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>