Royal Princess Cruise Review by CPABill: Very Nice Ship (But Not Sure I would Go Again)

CPABill
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Very Nice Ship (But Not Sure I would Go Again)

Sail Date: January 2014

Embarkation - the best ever in my 19 cruises! It was so easy, and we got to go directly to our cabin.

Cabin - very comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. It seemed smaller than other mini-suites we have had in the past. Our mini suite balcony was very small - the smallest I can ever remember. This is one reason I might not go on this ship again.

Food - the food was excellent. We dined in both the Italian and steak specialty restaurants.

Entertainment - was really good. The shows were good and so were the various bands that played around the ship.

Ship - Royal Princess is a very comfortable ship. The lack of a true outside promenade deck was weird. I sure hope this isn't a trend in ship building. We missed walking around the ship outside. People have also complained about not having any stairs in the middle of the ship. This did cause a problem because everyone had to to take the elevators whether they wanted to or not.

Ports - the private More island was great. I could have stayed there two days. We had a nice excursion to Buck Island to snorkel in St. Thomas, and sat on the beach in front of town in St. Maarten.

Disembarkation - went relatively smooth. They didn't have enough customs agents at first and the line in the terminal to get out was huge. They somehow solved the problem fairly quickly. Less

Read more Royal Princess cruise reviews >>