Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by sippin_pisco

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by sippin_pisco
Legend of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Member Name: sippin_pisco
Cruise Date: December 2013
See More About: Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Legend of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Legend of the Seas Deck Plans
Nice first ocean cruise ever

I felt I should write a review after reading some really unfairly negative reviews! We came on this Christmas cruise for the excellent itinerary and to spend time together as a family. We had a connecting room, 6602 and 6604 - the rooms were as big as the river cruise rooms - but I guess they were on the small side - but they did the trick. Yes, the ship rolled a bit - I put a patch behind my ear and was fine. It is after-all a boat on the ocean! Though one night, I did think I would sleep on the other side, so as to be less likely to fall out! I heard there were some winds to buck that night. Also, one night, I think Christmas Eve, they had to leave out part of the aerial display in the centrum as the chandeliers that the aerialists were using were swinging like crazy! Those aerialists were the greatest!

I liked the decor in the Centrum and also the room decor was nice. I liked the cafe on our floor 6 to sit and read and relax. I would walk up 3 flights and get a tea from the Solarium area and bring it down to 6 and sit overlooking the centrum, but sometimes for a treat I would buy a cappuccino at the cafe there. Walking the stairs and having to pay extra for drinks, kept my intake to a minimum and hence, no weight gain! I read three books, met some amazing people - enjoyed all the ports! shopped a bit, relaxed and really enjoyed the food at the 830 sitting in the dining room. Our cabin steward was very pleasant - the servers in the restaurant were great. Breakfast in the restaurant also was excellent. The Windjammer was like the food court at a mall, so we tended to avoid that. We enjoyed the 3 pack of dining out - so we are at Izumi the sushi place, EXCELLENT, Chops Grille - pretty good, but we are spoiled at home with frankly better grass-fed Alberta beef, and the piece-de-resisitance, Chef's Table, which frankly, was the best meal that I have ever had - all 5 courses plus the breads were exquisite - definitely I would splurge on that again! Plus we got a cookbook with most of the recipes - a very nice evening.....However the dining room every night had very good to excellent food - was never disapointed..Fitness-wise, Yoga class was not really great. The fitness area seemed to small, but the spa area to charge extra was very spacious....! Kids were in the solarium area and not told to leave, which was annoying if you were trying to swim there...but I just like to sit and eat there, look at the ocean and read. Liked the track on the top deck - a couple of days were quite windy, so that was not good for safe walking! lots of deck chairs back by climbing wall - we sunned ourselves there. It seems that on cruises they try to make you spend your money, so be on guard for that - i.e. avoid the art auction or the 1 hour sales haha. And set a limit to how many photos to purchase! Again, it was the ports that were the most interesting and the big draw for me! I really liked the Carribbean photo album you could buy and the pages for doing a scrapbook. I look forward to cruising a lot of places in the future.....

Publication Date: 01/24/14
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by sippin_pisco
More Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Legend of the Seas review Read the next Legend of the Seas review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews