Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Ceylan: An amazing time was had by all!!!!!

Norwegian Breakaway 5
Member Since 2013
24 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

An amazing time was had by all!!!!!

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We were on the Thanksgiving cruise. This was the first cruise for my husband, DS (12) and DS (5) and my second Norwegian cruise. I'll start with the negative first. The weather was awful, but that had nothing to do with the was all about Mother Nature. We couldn't tender to their private island because of the wind and waves so we headed right over to Nassau. Our excursion was canceled due to the weather so we went to the atlantis resort to walk around.

We were in cabin 8728 - a mini suite with a large balcony. The room was plenty for 4 of us. The balcony was huge, the bathroom was amazing and the bed was soooooo comfortable. Yes, we felt the rocking of the boat, but we got used to it.

Our cabin steward was SHAKE. He is now preparing the Getaway for its maiden sail, but he was amazing. The towel animals were so cool.

The kids club was fantastic. My 12 year old has cerebral palsy and they were wonderful with him. My kids hated to leave every More night.

We purchased the week long spa package. GET IT!!!!!!!! While we were waiting to board, they set up a table in the lobby and we purchased it right there. Loved it!!!!

The food was great....lots of choices. You most certainly will never be hungry. will be nickel and dimed for everything. We had two bottles of wine one night, that was it and all the little things added up to over $1200. So make sure you budget in for the little things.

The ship is beautiful and we can't wait to go back. Less

Published 01/21/14

24 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X