Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by RIMAGram

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: RIMAGram
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
        Under 3 3.0
        7-9 5.0

FUN ship

Was on 1 other cruise, RCCL, about 15 yrs ago, which I don't remember much about, so I can't compare anything. On this trip went w/my son, his wife, 3 kids, 2,9,7. So, let me begin: embark very fast, we were on the ship before we knew it.

Ship was 100% full. Sailed the week before Christmas. Even tho ship was full, it felt like 4000+ people.

Cabins- was upgraded at no charge before sailing to balcony mini suite. Perfect for us. We had 2 rooms. Mini suites are very roomy, loved the larger bathroom with double sink & larger shower.

Dining- we thought all the food was very good. Ate at Manhattan Room, Taste, Garden Cafe, La Cucina, Le Bistro, Cagney's, O'Sheehans. Favorite was Cagney's great filet mignon. The only complaint we had was the very slow service @ Taste & Manhattan. Lunch can take almost 2 hrs. Except O'Sheehans- good service. All other places we ate at had great service.

Entertainment- we went to the Cirque show & dinner. We loved both. The kids loved it too. Excellent! I also went to Burn the Floor. Very good. This is all we saw, since we had the kids with us.

Splash Academy- boys, 7 & 9, went twice, they had fun. But wanted to be outside. Water park, outside area- boys LOVED this entire area, they did everything. So did Mom & Dad. They had so much fun. Sister, 2 yrs, loved the kids pool & area.

Ports- We had the most fun in Nassau, interaction with the dolphins. We could not stop @ GSC due to winds. I will say that we would either pick a different destination next time, or not leave the ship. We had more fun on the ship!

Look of ship- we sailed the week before Christmas. The ship was decorated tastefully & beautifully.

Crew- all I can say is that ALL of the crew was friendly & helpful. They are amazing.

Spa- I did spend time at the spa pool & rooms. Wonderful! Relaxing & lovely.

Disembarkation- this was the only frustrating experience of the trip. VERY unorganized. After getting off the ship we did get thru customs quickly.

In general- we would definitely sail on Breakaway again. The kids LOVED it, had lots of fun. We loved all the food. I have no problem with the up charge dining, etc. I love to have choices, you can either do them or not. This ship fit my personality very well. Casual areas, classy areas, fun stuff, quiet stuff. I loved it all! Now I want  to go to Bermuda! Also I love leaving from NY, I live in PA, so no flying!

Publication Date: 01/21/14