Disney Wonder Cruise Review by Rita tang

Disney Wonder
Member Name: Rita tang
Cruise Date: January 2014
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
Wondering about the wonder?

Just returned from our wonder trip last night. Wanted to write a review ASAP, before I forget. This cruise is my fifth cruise and I must state I am not a big cruise person. My husband on the other hand loves them. I agree to go because they are cheap, simple and convenient trips. The Disney Wonder changed my view about cruising. The food, service, and entertainment was much better then any other cruise we have taken. We were told that disney cruises were the best from many friends but I was not expecting very much. We were with our three year old and that was why we chose disney but we also brought my 22 year old son and his friend, (yes, we had a wonerful surprise 40s baby). Everyone had a great time. My son and his friend hung out in the adult area. They were not annoyed at all about all the children because the boat is big enough that there are not kids running crazy all over the place, something I also liked since I am older and sadly not so kid friendly anymore. Us older folks also loved the shows. They were broadway quality and beyond exceptional!! We could not get over the talented singers and special effects. I was not expecting my 22 year son to come with us every night to see the shows but he and his friend were impressed with them and came every night.

I am very picky about food and disney did not disappoint. I was in the food industry in my younger years and fully understand how hard it is to feed thousands of people everyday, so I don't expect to get great healthy food on cruises. This time I was impressed. There was only two times at dinner I received your usual cruise ship over cooked- under the warmer to long food and those times were only a part of the whole dinner, one appetizer and one section of the main course.

The only issues I had was that we spend 95$ a person to visit Atlantis resort. Not worth it at all. We didn't receive a tour like promised and it took around two hours from the time we met for the excursion to the time we got to sit down and enjoy the resort. What a waste of valuable vacation time. When we got to the resort a guy lead our group to the beach and then just left. The service at Atlantis is horrible if not down right rude. We got a voucher for lunch, well a terrible burger and fries is all you get. A five minute ride, Bad service, bad food, a few fish tanks, and hour on the beach, all for 95$ per person.... Not worth it.

We had two other problems, one was the hour long line for immigration when you arrive in Keywest. It's mandatory, even if you don't go into port. This kind of thing is difficult with kids and the kids in line were understandably getting out of control. And the 4:45am refueling notice over the loud speaker right above our beds when we got back to Miami. WTF, my daughter was awaken by this alarm and was terrified. She cried for twenty minutes and then finally went back to sleep. Could they refuel at a different time since it was disembarkment day or warn us during the day. I couldn't get back to sleep, ugh. Other then that we had a Great time, Thank You Disney!!

Publication Date: 01/24/14