Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Dackelprincess: What A Great Way To Start 2014!

Dackelprincess
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

What A Great Way To Start 2014!

Sail Date: January 2014

After a rough year for my husband and I physically, we really needed a get away. We chose this 9 day escape and we were thrilled that it included many at sea days, as those really provide us a lot of relaxing time.

We had a balcony room on the Lido deck. My husband was a little leery about being so far up on the ship, but really it was fine. The room was very quiet and we never heard sounds from the deck or other rooms. What I liked was the fact that I just walked out of my cabin and went to the pool or hot tub, or walked further down the deck, to Horizon's Court!

The food was wonderful, every employee was friendly and quick with a smile. Our Cabin Steward was simply the best we have ever had.

We also had chosen to dine at 6 each night in the Botticelli Dining Room, and our table was filled with new friends. We got along so well and hopefully we will plan another cruise together soon.

The entertainment each night was also great. Besides the More energetic Princess Dancers, we had two comedians, a juggler, and a magician. We were certain to make each show after dinner, and the theater was filled for each show!

The ship was immaculate, and as I am an early riser, I got to watch as the crew set up for the day. They are real pro's! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess L254

Island Tour

(5)

We had a tour booked through Princess. It was a great tour, given by a local man named Tracey. The Island reminded me of Bonaire. They have the same Donkeys that roam the Island. On Grand Turk, the local people look after the donkeys, so they are very friendly. I even got to feed 4 of them, much to my great pleasure! I've read reviews of Grand Turk with people saying it was boring, but I did not find this true at all. In fact, I really enjoyed it.

I love to see what makes an Island tick. Princess Cays is actually on the Island of Eleuthera. It's an interesting place, and we enjoyed the tour we took, which showed us what the Island looks like and the guides told us about life for those that live there.